25th Annual Stan Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th Annual Stan Marshall

This is a great event.  Everyone who can should plan on attending.  Dates are June 3-4 (3rd is the Auction, 4th is the Golf tournament). For more information, contact Micah Grenz at (605) 688-6747, or via e-mail at Micah.Grenz@sdstate.edu.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/St...tion/Index.cfm

South Dakota State University will celebrate the 25th annual Stan Marshall Auction and Golf Classic, presented by MetaBank, June 3-4 in Brookings. All proceeds will go to benefit the scholarship needs of student athletes at South Dakota State University.

Go State!  ;D

Re: 25th Annual Stan Marshall

Is there a site that tells about the costs of the golf and what all is going on with the times of everything and so on. Also when do you have to be signed up for the golf and do you have to have a team or will they set you up with someone.

Comment

Dozer:
      The best bet would be to give Micah Grenz a call as 89rabbit pointed out in the first post.  Micah is always looking for more candidates.  This event used to fill up fast and there was a waiting list, but with AM and PM golf shoots, there seems to be plenty of room.  I signed up a day of the auction last year and got in. It helps to be early as the staff puts a great deal of effort into this event and signing up late makes it hard for the staff to deliver on all the details.
      I believe the total cost is $195 per person but includes a donation, tickets to the auction and BBQ.

Comment

I know this is locked, so it's place on the page won't move, but I thought I'd post something fresh to see if it draws anyone's attention.

I talked to Micah this week and he said things are going good in the preparation for the Stanley. Both tee times are filling up well, which is good to see. Getting a good number female teams as well, which is also good to see.

I won't make it this year, but for those of you going, Enjoy! If you haven't been before and can make it to Brookings that weekend, the Stan Marshall is a great even for fans and alumni to gather and celebrate SDSU athletics.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

There are links on the Stan Marshall web site that give descriptions and photos of some auction items. Looks like they will have some very cool items again this year.

Comment

From today's Argus article about what is going on at USD:

Dinner auction set

Using the theme "Celebrating 116 Years of Coyote Football," USD will host its annual dinner auction at 6 p.m., Friday, June 3 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center.

Featured guests will include former Baltimore Colts All-Pro defensive tackle Ordell Braase; Matt Chatham, a linebacker and special teams standout for the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots, and former NFL player Robb White, among others. KSFY co-anchor Nancy Naeve, a 1990 graduate of USD, will serve as master of ceremonies.

The money raised from the auction will help support scholarships. Tables of 10 are being sold for $500 while individual tickets may be purchased for $60. The auction will feature 125 silent auction items and 20 live auction items, including sports memorabilia and trips."

End of quote
            My Comment:
            Imitation is indeed flattery. No Pat Obrien though, as he is on the road to recovery. I saw him on Dr. Phil;s show a while back and he seemed very determined to get his life back on track. God Bless him. Pat has been a highlight of USD's fund raisers in the past.

Also Ordell Braase, a Mitchell native, has participated in past Stan Marshall events. Ordell played several years Baltimore Colts NFL Football with Doug Eggers of SDSU. They are very good friends I believe.  So nothing wrong with using your NFL guys to draw attention. Its also interesting the dates that USD picked for this event.

Comment

It is coming up this Friday and Saturday.  Who is going?  I will be at the auction (can't make the golf this year).  See you at the Swiftel Center.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I'll be making the trip North for both the auction and golf. This will be a very fun weekend. Even if you havent registered yet, I'm sure you can still attend Friday night's events.

Comment

I have wanted to attend for years. Unfortunately, my annual trip to Northern MN for fishing and golf occurs this weekend. I won't be available next year either. Perhaps in 2007. I hope everyone has a great time and plenty of money is raised.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I will be there for both the auction and the golf tournament. I see on the Jacks web site that they have a list of the live items on this year's auction. It would be nice to buy the trip to Ilseworth down in Florida, but I am sure my wife would think food for the family is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_tracks
                      I will be there for both the auction and the golf tournament.  I see on the Jacks web site that they have a list of the live items on this year's auction.  It would be nice to buy the trip to Ilseworth down in Florida, but I am sure my wife would think food for the family is more important.

My wife is funny that way, also.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Stan Marshall Auction set for Friday
                        BY REGISTER STAFF

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...05&page=25

"This year’s Stan Marshall Scholarship Auction and Golf Classic may be the biggest ever"....

I certainly hope that it is, but I am unable to attend. Maybe sometime soon.
                        We...ARE...STATE!
                        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Would some of you who went to the activities give a report on attendance, fund raising, new information etc.?

Thanks

Comment

Over 600 at the auction, over 300 at the wet Brookings Country Club for golf. Another record for money raised! It was a great time and I would encourage all to attend next year's Stan Marshall.

Go State! ;D

Comment

I don't have dollar figures yet other than the auction was $10,000 more than last year. We should hear total figures pretty soon. I'm sure it was a record again. I was lucky and much more dry playing in the afterrnoon flight. Great weekend !! Thanks to all of the organizers (Micah & company) What an awesome weekend!!

Comment

Working...
                              X