Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Today's 1/15/2006  Sunday Argus and UND

Originally posted by Siouxpreme

The REA title has been turned over to a charitable corporation.  

Know for a fact that a consultant has been hired this time.
    I am not so sure that the corporation running the REA is a 501(c)3 chartible corporation. Of course Ralph or betty dont have title but the little corporation that they created does have title.

Here is the excerpt picked I found regarding the sale of the Imperial Palace in August of this year:

Engelstad died in November 2002 of cancer. His wife of 48 years, Betty, continued operating the hotel through the Ralph Engelstad and Betty Engelstad Trust, along with his longtime attorney, Owen Nitz, and accountant, Jeff Cooper, according to the Journal Review.
    A basketball-volleyball arena named for Betty Engelstad since has been built with Engelstad money and added to the new Ralph Engelstad Arena. Both facilities continue to be run and controlled by REA in cooperation with UND."

The point is UND does not unconditional control over facilities on their own campus. This alleged charitble corporation has a great deal to say about what goes on at UND.

Also who was the consutlant that UND hired? I have never heard anything of consultant being hired. If one was hired, why are they fiddling around with an internal committee?

Comment

Working...
    X