Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your thoughts on facilities that are needed

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
    I think everyone could at least agree that it would be very nice to have permanent seating on the east side of CAS, regardless of compliance issues.

Suites would be Sweet!!
    AGREED!!!! We also need $$$$$$$$$$$ and those are not going to be found in the legislature. How about an alumni assessment? ;D, or maybe a fund drive requesting small donations?

Its possible to have a grass root movement for upgrades at CAS. Is that an idea that would conflict with the current drive for scholarships? Something to think about. Waiting for daddy warbucks to come along could be a real waiting game.

Banks in general do not need to advertize that badly, they do so more for image and prescence in the community than any other reason. Besides when they hold the mortgage paper thorought the community they have a very vested interest in what is going on in the community. I just dont see First Bank and Trust getting involved in a big project of this nature, but I could be very wrong. They have been very generous in the past, but obtaining naming rights on a staduim at SDSU, I dont know about that. I like to be surprised though. ;D

Comment

Plans are a changing...great to speculate but all of these opinions are already in consideration.

As far as banks sponsoring fields...A very great alum and backer of SDSU institution just finalised with the Canaries to be their season sponsor at the Bird cage with a lot of logo badging being done in that stadium.

The first thing that will happen at Coughlin is most likely new locker rooms being built on the north end of the stadium.  In time the entire grandstand is going to have to be rebuilt because it is deteriating.  SDSUFan put it best...we are going to need a very big daddy warbucks or some sort of seperate drive to meet the future.

If and when we start playing some Div.I schools in Football we should see some good $$ flowing in.  Now lets all remember though that this money dosent go as far as one might think.  There are oter things it needs to cover too.

Speculation and chatter are wonderful but Pipe Dreams are just that...Pipe Dreams.  Money coming in is the only thing that will move this all forward.

My challenge to all of you...open up the wallets, put a seperate change jar on the night stand dedicated to a annual donation to the athletic dept.  Volunteer all you can to help things get better and believe in yourself, your school and most of all be COOL! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Go Jacks!

Comment

I think that when looking at institutions we strive to be like, we are behind in the facilities race. Yeah Frost is a nice arena, but by no means the best. Look at Monatana and Montana State or even UNI's new arena being built. They are all as nice or a little nicer than Frost, and all of those schools have nicer football stadiums. We need to have comparable facilities to these schools. I personally think that CAS needs a major overhaul and new East stands. The atmosphere is great there, but it could be greatly improved upon. The more fan friendly the Stadium is the more fans will be there on Saturdays.

P.S. I only mentioned First Bank and Trust because they are a big and powerful pressence in Brookings. They also have bought a few banks in the area, and are putting themselves in a position to be a banking leader statewide. Also TCF Bank bought the naming rights of U of M's new stadium.

Comment

Working...
        X