Countdown to a Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Countdown to a Conference

I said before I would love to be a fly on the wall at these BSC president's meetings. If such wish were granted, I think I would have left this meeting as one thoroughly confused fly. I can't believe that who hosts the conference basketball tournament is an issue. There apparently are many other issues where there is little consensus and I get the impression that not much gets done at these meetings. Fullerton must be a very patient guy, more so than I ever thought of being. Its seems easy to criticize his statements, but I think he is constantly faced with a juggling act as these guys are often on nine different pages.

What I find amusing is the difficulty of the 2006-07 schedule with the additon of UNC. So did they make a slight mistake here in admiting only UNC?
    Would the schedule be more workable if they had add NDSU and SDSU as well as UNC?
    I would hope the Mid Continent people have a more cooperative attitude.

Comment

Re: Countdown to a Conference

I no longer have any interest as to what is being discussed during the B.S. Conference meetings. I have accepted the fact that Portland State and Sacramento State have no interest in ever traveling to Brookings or Fargo, whether it be the cost, the difference of two time zones, or the simple fear of traveling into a flat prairie.

As for the scheduling headaches in the B.S. Conference, they felt that it was more important to have an eight-game conference schedule for football........the ramifications for basketball were likely an afterthought or short-sightedness from the league office. SDSU and NDSU have enough scheduling headaches to deal with at the moment for me to worry about any crying from the B.S. Conference.

Comment

Working...
      X