Huge Mid-Con news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Huge Mid-Con news

Anybody know when the announcement will be made today on whether or not they have decided on expansion?

Comment

Just announced on the Sportsshow that site visits will be to IPFW, NDSU, and SDSU. Fresh from a Mid-Con press release.

Comment

http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4029

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
          Just announced on the Sportsshow that site visits will be to IPFW, NDSU, and SDSU. Fresh from a Mid-Con press release.
          Please do as Brad DeBeer suggested: "If you are visiting campus in the next months, make sure there is no dirt on your shoes as you enter the buildings".

Seriously this is very good news and as about as good as we can expect. I sure they will be impressed with Frost Arena.

Comment

This is HUGEnews!  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]  8-)   [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

2006 Mid-Con Presidents Council Meeting concludes in Chicago

CHICAGO, ILL. — The Mid-Continent Conference Presidents Council held its annual summer meeting in Chicago, Ill., Tuesday. Among the topics of discussion at the Presidents Council meeting were expansion, membership issues and the conference’s upcoming 25th Anniversary.

The Presidents Council discussed conference expansion at length at the meeting. It was recommended that the conference proceed with site visits to three institutions - IPFW, North Dakota State and South Dakota State. The site visits will be scheduled over the summer. A full report from the site visit teams will be provided to the Presidents Council in a timely manner for review and action at a yet to be determined fall meeting.   .  .  .  (read more)

Go State!  

Comment

I'm fairly sure that SDSU and NDSU will both be accepted or rejected together.  I can't see one being accepted without the other.  They both make good travel partners and both schools are both academically and athletically similar.  I feel good about our partnership with NDSU and hope that together we can secure conference affiliation with the Mid-con.

This is as good of news that I would have expected at this time.  I hope the on-site campus visits go well and we have more good news this fall.

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

COWBELLS BE RINGING! BRING ON THE MASTADONS, KANGAROOS, GRIZZLES, PANTHERS, GENTS, LEATHERNECKS, BISON, T-BIRDS AND GOLDEN EAGLES

GREAT NEWS! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                  This is HUGEnews! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] 8-) [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
                  This is exciting news!!! I did find it interesting that they want to get the visits taken care of over the summer; I'm thinking that means the Mid-Con wants to get the formal invite issued in early fall, making sure that they get SDSU and NDSU in before the BS Conference decides to make a 180.

UND fans and supporters of a USD jump to D-1 should also be encouraged by this news since three additional schools place the conference at ten, leaving potential room for them in the conference........

Comment

Does anyone know when the Mid-Con holds their next meeting? Could this be the reason that site visits are being scheduled quickly?

Comment

The press release says the meeting is as of yet unscheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD
                        The press release says the meeting is as of yet unscheduled.
                        Originally posted by 89rabbit
                        This is HUGEnews!  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]  8-)   [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

2006 Mid-Con Presidents Council Meeting concludes in Chicago

CHICAGO, ILL. — The Mid-Continent Conference Presidents Council held its annual summer meeting in Chicago, Ill., Tuesday. Among the topics of discussion at the Presidents Council meeting were expansion, membership issues and the conference’s upcoming 25th Anniversary.

The Presidents Council discussed conference expansion at length at the meeting. It was recommended that the conference proceed with site visits to three institutions - IPFW, North Dakota State and South Dakota State. The site visits will be scheduled over the summer. A full report from the site visit teams will be provided to the Presidents Council in a timely manner for review and action at a yet to be determined fall meeting.   .  .  .  (read more)

Go State!  

Comment

From the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...PORTS/60628007

Mid-Continent Conference to take hard look at SDSU
                          Conference officials to visit Brookings campus

From staff reports
                          June 28, 2006

The Mid-Continent Conference announced today that it will take an even more in-depth look at adding South Dakota State.

The Mid-Con's Presidents Council discussed conference expansion at length at the league's meeting Tuesday in Chicago. It was recommended that the conference proceed with site visits to three institutions - SDSU, North Dakota State and Indiana Purdue-Fort Wayne. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Great news. I expect that early this fall we will have a conference home. My guess is site visits will be done fairly quickly, as all the schools of the conference benefit by getting the conference members added as soon as possible.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

So is this just a formality, or is this something that we'll have to fight like hell to get?
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

This is great news and looking forward to the campus visit.  I hope we hear more good news this fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X