President Chicoine and SDSU athletics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President Chicoine and SDSU athletics

That's great news for the city and state as I've learned personally how important a top notch Children's hospital is.

Comment

Seeing President Chicoine at the past couple games, all I have to say is that I am less than impressed. At the past three home Men's games, after the game when the School song is being played and the players are at halfcourt, the President can clearly be seen leaving Frost not giving any regard to the players or the game that was just played. Less than impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
        Seeing President Chicoine at the past couple games, all I have to say is that I am less than impressed.  At the past three home Men's games, after the game when the School song is being played and the players are at halfcourt, the President can clearly be seen leaving Frost not giving any regard to the players or the game that was just played.  Less than impressed.
        Considering the demands on the time of our new president, it is impressive that he has even been at the games. And considering a majority of the people follow his lead and leave before the team leaves the court, he is not in the minority. I agree is doesn't look good but it really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
          [quote author=i_got_a_fever link=1169900887/15#16 date=1170179502]Seeing President Chicoine at the past couple games, all I have to say is that I am less than impressed.  At the past three home Men's games, after the game when the School song is being played and the players are at halfcourt, the President can clearly be seen leaving Frost not giving any regard to the players or the game that was just played.  Less than impressed.
          Considering the demands on the time of our new president, it is impressive that he has even been at the games.  And considering a majority of the people follow his lead and leave before the team leaves the court, he is not in the minority.  I agree is doesn't look good but it really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.  [/quote]

While I do agree with BTown that President Chicoine's time is very demanding, I do believe that the season ticket holder's(or east side seating which the players face) or any of us, leaving while the players are out in the middle of the court after a tough loss is a bit embarrassing for me personally.

I believe this a new tradition that the basketball team's are trying to start here and I really think it is a nice gesture by the players.  Especially after a tough loss like the one last night.  Really, they're saying "thank you" for coming out and supporting them.

I had the privledge of sitting courtside at the Colorado girls game after a great win and our ladies went to the center court while the school song played, and being that close I could hear them talking as to why all these fans couldn't just stick around another 3 minutes.  The disappointment on some of their faces was evident even after a great win.  I can't imagine how the guys felt last night seeing a majority of the fan's that they were looking up at, turning around and leaving right in front of them.  I'm sorry, but those people who thought they needed to "beat the traffic" should be embarrassed.  I was for them. :-[

I completely understand the arguement that you've all been coming to the games for a very long time and that's how it's always been done.  But I'll bet if you asked any of the players this year, they would tell you that they'd really appreciate it if you just found a way to stick it out for another 3 mintues.
          Just imagine that when Frost is packed again consistently and all 6K stick around and join the players in clapping for our school song, how cool that will be!!

I say it should start Saturday night...win or lose!

Go Jacks!!

89 or Filbert, I may have gotten this thread off-kilter, so if you would like to start a new thread with it that would be cool. I do think it is important to discuss though.
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I was a student at the game but I was sitting behind one of the baskets. I walked away and I agree with what you're saying. Good insight and I'll remember this. Thanks.

Comment

And with the President...well...honest mistake I guess. He's just leaving. He should stick around but I wouldn't judge him by it because of everyone else doing it. If someone comments it to him I'm sure he'll understand.

Comment

I haven't been to a game this year yet but my wife and I always race out to the car to listen to the Coaches comments. Maybe we can get Steve to hold off on the interviews until Frost is cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by PierreJacksFan
                  I haven't been to a game this year yet but my wife and I always race out to the car to listen to the Coaches comments. Maybe we can get Steve to hold off on the interviews until Frost is cleared.
                  I was surprised by the announcement in Frost at the end of the MTSU game about the post-game interview/press conference. If I'd been driving, I would have made the folks who came with me to the game stay and listen.

I know a lot of schools do that kind of public post-game coach interview and it's pretty popular--upwards of a thousand people stick around after the game for Pat Summitt's post-game radio show at Tennessee.

I just wish I'd known that they were going to do that . . . sometimes the Athletic Department isn't very good about getting word out about things.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think its a pretty standard part of most of the games now to have the press conference broadcast in Frost. Maybe I'm wrong.

I gotta admit that my little ones, all 3, are pretty much ready to head home by the end of the game. Not probably a good excuse but the one I am using. We'll stick around after the NDSU game at least for the players.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                      I think its a pretty standard part of most of the games now to have the press conference broadcast in Frost. Maybe I'm wrong.

I gotta admit that my little ones, all 3, are pretty much ready to head home by the end of the game. Not probably a good excuse but the one I am using. We'll stick around after the NDSU game at least for the players.
                      I don't think they announced it for the Utah Valley or UTPA games--if they did, I missed it. I think it's a very good idea. I'd like to see some company step up and sponsor the WNAX and/or 910 post-game shows and let some of the fans ask questions of the coaches.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                        [quote author=jackmd link=1169900887/15#23 date=1170213682]I think its a pretty standard part of most of the games now to have the press conference broadcast in Frost.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I gotta admit that my little ones, all 3, are pretty much ready to head home by the end of the game.  Not probably a good excuse but the one I am using.  We'll stick around after the NDSU game at least for the players.
                        I don't think they announced it for the Utah Valley or UTPA games--if they did, I missed it.  I think it's a very good idea.  I'd like to see some company step up and sponsor the WNAX and/or 910 post-game shows and let some of the fans ask questions of the coaches.[/quote]
                        They only do it for selected home games, mainly the big games. It would be nice if everyone was made aware of the press conferences before the games began. NDSU will feature a press conference after the game, I'm not sure what other games will have press conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                          I don't think they announced it for the Utah Valley or UTPA games--if they did, I missed it.  I think it's a very good idea.  I'd like to see some company step up and sponsor the WNAX and/or 910 post-game shows and let some of the fans ask questions of the coaches.
                          Agreed, I've thought this for years. At least they interview one of the players after the game now. I like that segment. It would be great if a few fans phone calls would be entertained but we all know that can get messy. In addition, we need weekly shows for all the coaches.

Aside, I hope the Mid-Con has a weekly TV broadcast covering the league. Does anybody know if this occurs now? The NSIC has a regional show and its great. What about the Gateway? (Maybe premature)
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                          X