The Jackrabbit Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Jackrabbit Logo

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1167368190]This Thread[/link]

Comment

I think I may have found the inspiration for our new logo!  Check this video of a jackrabbit out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ez5QPW-ku4

That is one bad a$$ bunny!  

I love how you can hear the UNO grad running the camera give the color commentary! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
        I think I may have found the inspiration for our new logo!  Check this video of a jackrabbit out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ez5QPW-ku4

That is one bad a$$ bunny!  

I love how you can hear the UNO grad running the camera give the color commentary! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
        Its a cottontail but still one brave cottontail. A Jackrabbit would have stomped that snake with one mighty foot.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
          And he didn't even have to leave the steps of his trailer to shoot the vid!
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

In the Collegian this week, we are publishing a picture of the latest version of the new Jackrabbit Logo. We will also have it up on the web on Wednesday evening. Please pick up a copy or go to the website to view the logo. The picture is not the final one, but it should be similar to the final product. Do not be afraid to tell people what you think about it. We feel public opinion has been lacking in the process and want to have that changed. Thank you and enjoy.

Comment

To say the rabbit logo will be similar to the final product is not an accurate statement. It's an example...nothing more...nothing less. Many options are still out there being examined.

Comment

Why would you publish a picture before the final draft is completed? I know that each group concerned (Alumni, Students, Athletics, Bookstore, etc.) has representation on the committee and they should be allowed to do just that, represent.

Comment

I agree with both of the above statements. There is no reason to publish an unfinished product in the Collegian and to say what we have now is final is far from accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by BallTalk
                    In the Collegian this week, we are publishing a picture of the latest version of the new Jackrabbit Logo. We will also have it up on the web on Wednesday evening.  Please pick up a copy or go to the website to view the logo. The picture is not the final one, but it should be similar to the final product. Do not be afraid to tell people what you think about it. We feel public opinion has been lacking in the process and want to have that changed. Thank you and enjoy.

I would say this decision by the Collegian would be in one word...irresponsible! Do you realize that if the Argus picks up this story, you're going to have 3/4's of the state thinking that it is the actual logo?
                    I REALLY hope the Collegian has OK'd this with the athletic administration.
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I say we put it on a statewide ballot so that everyone has the opportunity to weigh their opinion. Full democratic process and nothing less on issues like this. Same should have been done for the DI move. Damn irresponsible administrators at SDSU, what good are they.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

The new issue of the Collegian is starting to hit campus and the image (which is available for viewing in the SA Office) is there, albeit with "clutter" in the background as the Collegian took a photo of the image in the SA office after not being allowed to use an image. (The story is online now, but I won't post the link until the new issue is entirely online as the link address may change.)

IMHO, the working logo has NO character to it and the whiskers are too prominent. In addition, it's hard to tell that you have a rabbit if you cover the head......

The Collegian also has an editorial against the working logo and is suggesting additional input before a new logo is chosen........

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                          The new issue of the Collegian is starting to hit campus and the image (which is available for viewing in the SA Office) is there, albeit with "clutter" in the background as the Collegian took a photo of the image in the SA office after not being allowed to use an image. (The story is online now, but I won't post the link until the new issue is entirely online as the link address may change.)

IMHO, the working logo has NO character to it and the whiskers are too prominent. In addition, it's hard to tell that you have a rabbit if you cover the head......

The Collegian also has an editorial against the working logo and is suggesting additional input before a new logo is chosen........
                          I think it's hard to say from the image in the Collegian, but I have seen the working logos in color and in context (i.e. with associated wording, etc.) and I like them. It's a realistic-looking bunny, not some Bugs Bunny ripoff, cartoon freakshow bunny. I think we should all take a breath and wait to see the finished bunny in its natural habitat (on a shirt, poster, helmet, etc.) before we pass judgment.

As for "additional input"... that's a terrible idea. By the time a million people get done with the logo, nipping, tucking, smoothing, it'll look like Joan Rivers. We're designing a brand for our university here, not electing a city council member. I would leave it to the experts.

As somebody mentioned, it's not like there wasn't a committee working on this. I think that in the end we'll all be proud of the bunny, if we can just relax and give the designers a chance to work.

As for the rabbit looking like a dog... ever seen a jackrabbit? Cover the head and tell me this one doesn't look like a dog.

Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                            I say we put it on a statewide ballot so that everyone has the opportunity to weigh their opinion. Full democratic process and nothing less on issues like this. Same should have been done for the DI move. Damn irresponsible administrators at SDSU, what good are they.
                            Better yet, let's spend some money so each of us can have the exact Jackrabbit we desire. Why pick just one? Let's have 800,000 different ones. Or, if money is tight, how about just 11,000 different ones for SDSU students.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I posted a couple of highlights from the new Collegian and my first impressions about the logo. After thinking it over, I realized that JimmyJack had a very solid point when he mentioned the coloring and context. The only drawings in the SA Office are black-and-white (a couple did include lettering). I personally would prefer a two-legged Jackrabbit in the mold of Goldy Gopher and Bucky Badger (but with an updated look), but my two main criteria are as follows:

1) Will it look good on a T-shirt?
                              2) Will it look great on the floor of Frost Arena?

I think you need a loud "yes" for both questions before you can launch the new logo.

Comment

I think the Collegian, as typical, loves to take these grand stands and blow things way out of proportion, i.e. the suppossed riot photos, the closed presidential hiring committee, and now the whole logo crisis. The peace and harmony of the planet does not hinge on any of these issues, yet you sense from reading the Collegian sometimes that it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X