Kelo tv deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kelo tv deal

KDLT sports does a good job covering the Jacks - better than KELO sports. But KDLT and KSFY lack the statewide exposure that KELO and its affiliates provide. It makes a lot of sense for South Dakota's top university sports program and TV leader to get together. Both should benefit. Let's hope that KELO sports finally starts giving D-1 college sports regular coverage at least equal to what it gives high school volleyball and American Legion baseball. (KELO's coverage of Nate W. in the NBA summer league has been a positive sign.) Overall, local TV sports has been slow to embrace D-1 sports coverage, but fans are dragging them there.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Anyone know the financials? Who's paying who to air it? Who gets the advertising/sponsor revenue?
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

These things are typically shared time or exchange-based. I don't know the details of this, but typically, KELO would agree to air the show and KELO and SDSU would split the commercial time somehow (50/50? 60/40? Who knows?) KELO sells the time it has during the show. SDSU uses (for promotional spots) or sells its time. I doubt any actual cash is changing hands. KELO gets free programming that is relevant to its audience to sell. SDSU gets on the air.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Good explanation, JJ. Thanks.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Looks to me like another significant part of the deal is that the show is expanding to go 52 weeks--all year round.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
            X