Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Performance center deadline

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Not sure if others caught this, but Justin Sell mentioned "We've raised 29 million in around 7 months" on the Jackrabbit Insider with Tyler on Sunday. That's another million more then stated in this article from a couple weeks ago!
    First Bank and Trust gave a million recently, that might explain the other million. I think they need 3 more to do everything in the plan. So still a giving opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      First Bank and Trust gave a million recently, that might explain the other million. I think they need 3 more to do everything in the plan. So still a giving opportunity.
      You must not have read the article. The article says First Bank and Trust has given $1 million to equal $28 million.

My assumption is they're probably just under $29 million and they're getting smaller donations, etc. But my point is that they're only $3 million away which is great!
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

You must not have read the article. The article says First Bank and Trust has given $1 million to equal $28 million.

My assumption is they're probably just under $29 million and they're getting smaller donations, etc. But my point is that they're only $3 million away which is great!
        No to be honest with you, I did not read the article before I made the above post. Where the last million came from, I don't know. I know Stig has been involved in the fund raising for this project since last fall, but have not heard or read anything about the outcome of that effort.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
          While I like the giant Jackrabbit logo on the south side of the building, I liked even more the massive video board that was shown in that space on the earlier drawings. No longer in the cards? Never seriously considered? Depends on the dollars? Future possibility? Drawing's still in early stages?
          I was wondering that too. my guess is it will be added as funding comes and im sure Dak would give us a good deal on it. probably more important to get the other stuff in and the score board isnt as needed since we have a nice one in the endzone.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
            While I like the giant Jackrabbit logo on the south side of the building, I liked even more the massive video board that was shown in that space on the earlier drawings. No longer in the cards? Never seriously considered? Depends on the dollars? Future possibility? Drawing's still in early stages?
            Both of those were pretty cool. This building is going to make a big diffence in recruiting for multiple sports. I'm excited for them to dig in. Hopefully there is at least a skeleton of it standing by football season.

Comment

The Board of Regents agenda for next week just came online. As expected, the final facility design plan is up for final approval by the Board of Regents. This should allow them to start July 1st.

http://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/201...ommB/III_B.pdf

Also (no surprise) but on the agenda is naming it the Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex

http://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/201...ommB/II_C1.pdf

Also, absent from the agenda is any mention of the USD facilities. The next meeting they could get final approval would be in August or October.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                The Board of Regents agenda for next week just came online. As expected, the final facility design plan is up for final approval by the Board of Regents. This should allow them to start July 1st.

http://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/201...ommB/III_B.pdf

Also (no surprise) but on the agenda is naming it the Sanford-Jackrabbit Athletic Complex

http://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/201...ommB/II_C1.pdf

Also, absent from the agenda is any mention of the USD facilities. The next meeting they could get final approval would be in August or October.
                The S-JAC, eh? Soon to be nicknamed "The Jack?"
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I can't believe how big that thing will be. It dwarfs the Dykhouse Center and it goes right up to the softball field. It's going to be pretty sweet! Construction begins July 1!!
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I can't believe how big that thing will be. It dwarfs the Dykhouse Center and it goes right up to the softball field. It's going to be pretty sweet! Construction begins July 1!!
                    I keep having the impish thought that . . . make it just a tad bit bigger, and you could actually play baseball in it . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Indoor baseball and outdoor football, what a thought. Current plan or larger, they won't be kicking field goal over that.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

AD Sells said at a meeting that this facilty would be as large in area as the current Coughlin-Alumni Stadium.

Comment

The engineer in me thinks this building is kick ass!

Comment

Yep.

Filbert's idear isn't to far off either. They wouldn't have to go much farther north to fit a baseball field in there, though the softball field would be in the way...the performance building will already be close, darn close to the softball field (batters will almost have a shorter run to the Performance center than to first base).
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Just playing around a bit with the drawings in the above .pdf's of the design as (to be) approved, you'd have to have an awfully short right or left field line--around 180 feet (yikes!), but you could have a 300-foot fence from about dead center around to the other foul line.

Put up a big enough "Green Monster" (or more likely, Hefty Bag II), and put the short-field homer stripe up high enough, and you could actually do it. The max roof height of 60 feet is of course problematic, too. It would be a pretty weird and very marginal setup for baseball. But playing in a weird, marginal setup might be preferable to playing in a foot of snow.

Too bad it couldn't have been another 20 or 30 yards wider, and the roof another 20 or 30 yards higher.

It will still be a huge step forward for a bunch of SDSU's athletic programs, from T&F to football, and definitely including softball and baseball, and frees up Frost Arena for further improvements in basketball, wrestling and volleyball.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                Just playing around a bit with the drawings in the above .pdf's of the design as (to be) approved, you'd have to have an awfully short right or left field line--around 180 feet (yikes!), but you could have a 300-foot fence from about dead center around to the other foul line.Put up a big enough "Green Monster" (or more likely, Hefty Bag II), and put the short-field homer stripe up high enough, and you could actually do it. The max roof height of 60 feet is of course problematic, too. It would be a pretty weird and very marginal setup for baseball. But playing in a weird, marginal setup might be preferable to playing in a foot of snow. Too bad it couldn't have been another 20 or 30 yards wider, and the roof another 20 or 30 yards higher.It will still be a huge step forward for a bunch of SDSU's athletic programs, from T&F to football, and definitely including softball and baseball, and frees up Frost Arena for further improvements in basketball, wrestling and volleyball.
                                It's still a great (and ridiculously better than the Barn) place for the team to take ground balls, hit in a cage, and play long toss. With snow out there it's got to be difficult to stretch your arm out during the winter.

Not to mention this should help recruiting with baseball, softball, and track. This place will be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X