Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Performance center deadline

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    USD's bill took like 10 minutes to get through the House. Not much discussion or debate on it. I would expect the same thing for SDSU's.
    Just seems like to me the things that just need to pass through the system that they would fast track those out of their to get them over and done with. seems they should have moved through at the same time.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I just posted in the other thread as well but it just passed a few minutes ago with 9 no votes and the rest were yes or not there.

Comment

Hallelujah! Finally - now lets break some ground and get to building! (once all the final signings are done of course!)
        Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...-SDSU-facility

this just popped up on the argus.

Comment

First Bank and Trust gives $1 million. Great supporters of SDSU and the Jackrabbits. I know it was posted elsewhere, I can't thank them enough.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The govenor signed SB 11 on March 14th! Let's get the steel ordered.

Comment

Article w/ another picture of the indoor facility and you can see a small corner of what a new stadium would look like.
                http://siouxfallsbusinessjournal.arg...medium=twitter

Comment

Article w/ another picture of the indoor facility and you can see a small corner of what a new stadium would look like.
                  Neat drawing, this facility will be huge. Justin Sell said it was as big as CAS is in area, and the drawing does not lie. I can understand the slant to the roof, but it makes the building look a lot like our chicken coop on the farm years ago. I think our USD friends will have some fun with that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Neat drawing, this facility will be huge. Justin Sell said it was as big as CAS is in area, and the drawing does not lie. I can understand the slant to the roof, but it makes the building look a lot like our chicken coop on the farm years ago. I think our USD friends will have some fun with that one.
                    Be careful there Nidaros. Sometimes those farm building words take on a life of their own. Look at how the word "hoghouse" went from being a noun to a verb in the South Dakota legislature some decades ago. I believe that had a relation to an SDSU building.
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Any ideas when construction begins?

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                        Any ideas when construction begins?
                        If all the engineering work is done, then they're just waiting for the weather to allow them to start moving dirt around, I imagine.

It will be very interesting to see how that big thing sitting just north of the football stadium affects the wind in and around the stadium. My guess is that field goals in the north end zone will be a real adventure for kickers.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The law that authorizes construction goes into effect on July 1. So they will begin then

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                            The law that authorizes construction goes into effect on July 1. So they will begin then
                            Seems like a waste of good construction weather to wait till july 1st. i would assume everything could be up to start as soon as the ground warms up but what do I know. figured they would want to get a jump on it as soon as possible.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

While I like the giant Jackrabbit logo on the south side of the building, I liked even more the massive video board that was shown in that space on the earlier drawings. No longer in the cards? Never seriously considered? Depends on the dollars? Future possibility? Drawing's still in early stages?
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                                Not sure if others caught this, but Justin Sell mentioned "We've raised 29 million in around 7 months" on the Jackrabbit Insider with Tyler on Sunday. That's another million more then stated in this article from a couple weeks ago!
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X