Performance center deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Performance center deadline

Thanks for that link Rabbit74 - quite interesting to read - however it struck me as odd that they expect to make only $9K from the concessions (I assume the lease of the concessions) but have $10K put aside for miscellaneous expenses. Given the comments made about the concessions at CAL and the lengthy queues I would think that it would be wise to open these extra concession facilities during football games etc. It just seems odd to me that they would only charge $9K for concessions but expect to make more than $30K from nebulous rentals to camps/community groups etc. I would hope that they would make concessions large enough and attractive enough to be able to be used for catering for these camps/community events. I also read yesterday that the tenders for the first phase of the Brookings Airport came in well under budget - fingers crossed that that will hold true for this project also so that we can get the whole concept built at one time!

If you haven't donated yet - go do it! help a fellow Jackrabbit out....
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      From the article:

“We need to be clear to our alumni and friends: While this puts us well down the path to getting this project done, we’re not there yet. Our final hurdle is to generate support to equal this $5 million challenge match,” Sell added
      Yankton Jackrabbit Club has pledged $25,000 which will be met equally by this donors pledge. I challenge other communities with Jackrabbit fans to do the same. Our commitment is $5,000/yr minimum for 5 years.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...88381481237582

Comment

I know a couple of friends who were invited to a gathering at the Dykhouse Center this afternoon, I think. I'm guessing the final push is on.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Well it passed with no problem! I wasn't there but I wonder how much they have raised.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

The regents December meeting has letter of commitments from the SDSU and USD foundations for the athletic projects

http://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/2012/December/24.pdf

SDSU is in at $32,000,000 from donations.

On USD they have a break down of the $48 M for the basketball and track facility. Interesting they are using $3.4 million in university cash on hand, $20 M in borrowing and almost $10 M in an USD foundation committment and $14 M in donations. The $20 million in bonding they propose using $420,000 per year in corporate sponsorships as part of the cash flow to repay the $20 Million. However, in FY2012 they only had $309,000 in total corporate sponsorships.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                The $20 million in bonding they propose using $420,000 per year in corporate sponsorships as part of the cash flow to repay the $20 Million. However, in FY2012 they only had $309,000 in total corporate sponsorships.
                They are using Government math. I don't see the problem.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                  The regents December meeting has letter of commitments from the SDSU and USD foundations for the athletic projects

http://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/2012/December/24.pdf

SDSU is in at $32,000,000 from donations.

On USD they have a break down of the $48 M for the basketball and track facility. Interesting they are using $3.4 million in university cash on hand, $20 M in borrowing and almost $10 M in an USD foundation committment and $14 M in donations. The $20 million in bonding they propose using $420,000 per year in corporate sponsorships as part of the cash flow to repay the $20 Million. However, in FY2012 they only had $309,000 in total corporate sponsorships.
                  Looks like USD will have to step it up with their corporate sponsors, or they have a bit of a crisis. It would have been more interesting if we could see some of the breakdown on SDSU 32 million, but I suspect that might be opening up some and would hurt on going fund raising. I am quite certain they are still beating the bushes for donations.

Comment

In thinking about it this morning, I guess USD will probably have some sort of deal for naming rights for their new facility. If they consider that corporate sponsorship that will likely fill the gap. I doubt they get the $750,000 a year like the Sioux Falls Events Center but $100,000 a year wouldn't be out of line and would get them were they needed to be on the revenue. One thing I noticed in the athletic report as I plugged it into Excel today is that USD hasn't received any NCAA revenue sharing yet. That should give them a large bump of close to $1 million they will get in maybe June of this year now that they are done with reclassification.

Comment

SDSU inched closer to getting final approval for the practice facility: http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

Comment

Senate Bill #11 is the bill introduced to authorize construction of the performance center.
                        USD Fan

Comment

Senate Bill 11 has been held in the House for 4 legislative days after getting a 9-0 up vote in Committee. USD authorization passes with smoke and mirrors funding and apparently our "cash on the barrel head" gives them problems. Whats up?

Comment

reported in a similar thread: Looks like SB 10 (swine teaching & research facility) and SB 11 (indoor practice & human performance facility) are mired down with a number of other bills due to the work load in the House...does not mean there are problems with the bills other than timing. People monitoring closely are not overly concerned at this point.

I'm sending a friendly reminder to my local Representatives, both of whom will vote in favor.

Comment

I would guess these things would probably not take a long time to get through and pass. Unless I assume to much about the legislative procsess, cant they sort of just fast track those things through because they are rather open and shut cases and not needing a lot of time I would guess to think about.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I would guess these things would probably not take a long time to get through and pass. Unless I assume to much about the legislative procsess, cant they sort of just fast track those things through because they are rather open and shut cases and not needing a lot of time I would guess to think about.
                                USD's bill took like 10 minutes to get through the House. Not much discussion or debate on it. I would expect the same thing for SDSU's.

Comment

Working...
                                X