Go State!

Re: Happy Hobo Week

Here is a more comprehensive list of events:

http://www.sdstate.edu/news/calendar/HoboDay/index.cfm

G
    o State!

Comment

Reminder: 89 is using it correctly, kiddos. There is Hobo Day and Hobo Week. There is no such thing as "Hobo Days". [/end_rant]
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        Reminder: 89 is using it correctly, kiddos. There is Hobo Day and Hobo Week. There is no such thing as "Hobo Days". [/end_rant]
        From what I can remember it was more of a "daze" anyway.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Earlier when I read this I was trying to remember who has OCD over the name of this week. Now I know!
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Correct or not, Hobo Days is generally accepted by the masses...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              Frankly, imo, it sounds better to me, it sounds like a big party, like multiple days of just fun. Hobo week just sounds to administrative.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                Then the masses aren't very bright. This year is the 99th Hobo Day, I can't see changing almost 100 years of tradition because the recent additions to the Jackrabbit family are either too lazy or not smart enough to understand their own history.

Comment

It is Hobo Day. A couple of schools to the south need Days because they can't get it done right in one day. Although I too have vague memory of Hobo Daze.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                    Then the masses aren't very bright. This year is the 99th Hobo Day, I can't see changing almost 100 years of tradition because the recent additions to the Jackrabbit family are either too lazy or not smart enough to understand their own history.
                    And google is actually based off of the # "a googol" but I digress... It was simply an observation

Comment

Its always been Hobo Day in my mind, but I am old school and dont count. If you are in a daze, then you have problems. Long term ones which may include rehab.

Comment

It's Hobo Day but I must admit I didn't really care if people called it Hobo Days until I started spending time here. Looking forward to the weekend. Yankton Jackrabbit Club gathering at Skinners Friday night and then tailgating and the FB game Saturday. Unsure if the kids will want to go to the parade or not, depends on the weather and that looks shaky at best right now.

I'm ready to witness a butt kicking by the Jackrabbits. I hope that happens.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

They used to bill Hobo Day as the "biggest one-day event in the Dakotas." So Hobo Week was the rest of the week. As a journalism professor, I think words and brands matter. Everything communicates. Hobo Day is different than Dakota Days. Why would we want to diminish our successful brand by altering a 99-year tradition?
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Has anyone else 'buried' the razor for the weekend? I really wish some of the old traditions from the last 99 years would make a rebound.

Comment

I remember the little skit they did, acting out the burial of the razor early in the football season way back when. That was a fun tradition.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X