Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steve Imming on Jackrabbit Insider

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Tyler has been realistic... when it was deserved. Recall the kabillion turnovers in a row vs. MTSU. Tough to find anything positive to say about a game like that. I'd hate for him to become a homer who pretends we're playing well when we're not. Tyler's style is factual. Note that he doesn't refer to the Jacks as "us" or "we" and doesn't criticize the refs. He's reporting on the game. That's how you move up in this business.

It was mentioned that Steve used to practice when he was a kid. Tyler did the same thing. He'd record games on TV and then make his own play-by-play track. He has been at it since he was a kid. He's already very good and he'll only get better, because he works very hard at it.
    Tyler loved doing that when he was a kid. I grew up down the street from Tyler and he would turn down the sound and do play-by-play and have me keep stats. Not something a 8-10 year old enjoyed doing, I would have rather been playing basketball or baseball. But I enjoy taking stats now, strange how things work out.

Comment

So mango, settle the speculation. How old is Tyler? I know he has been doing on air work since he was 15(?). Maybe younger.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
        So mango, settle the speculation. How old is Tyler? I know he has been doing on air work since he was 15(?). Maybe younger.
        He is a year older than me, so 26. The earliest I can remember Tyler being by himself on air is when he did an A teener game when I was 16 (I believe) but I know he did some color for Kris Stephens and worked at KCCR before that though.

Comment

Tougher for Tyler to be harder on the Jacks because he graduated from SDSU. TV did not.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Tougher for Tyler to be harder on the Jacks because he graduated from SDSU. TV did not.
            Tyler is an SDSU employee. TV is a sports reporter for Argus Leader Media. Two very different contexts. But I would still argue that Tyler's approach is very similar to TV's in that he is reporting the game pretty straight up.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
            X