X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pick a dog

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    TMI Goon TMI :P
    swass, it happens, sometimes its good to talk about it. just saying.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My mouth was watering for a hot dog, but with this twist in conversation, it no longer waters. Thanks Goon.

Comment

Went with A myself.

Comment

You should get a 1/4 lb all beef hotdog for what they charge. Seriously, I've been to pro venues that have cheaper concessions than Frost. Last night, 2 cold pieces of pizza, a small pop and a frozen lemonade ran me $13...I won't start on my thoughts about snow/ice removal outside of Frost...The 'game' experience in Frost is still second to none, the entire gameday experience leaves something to be desired...end rant and thread-drift
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            You should get a 1/4 lb all beef hotdog for what they charge. Seriously, I've been to pro venues that have cheaper concessions than Frost. Last night, 2 cold pieces of pizza, a small pop and a frozen lemonade ran me $13...I won't start on my thoughts about snow/ice removal outside of Frost...The 'game' experience in Frost is still second to none, the entire gameday experience leaves something to be desired...end rant and thread-drift
            The whole build up of the game lacks IMO. there is no build up for fans and for the athmosphere. Its show up eat some tastless hotdogs on stale buns and watch an awesome basketball game. The hype, the out side of the area feel needs to get better. maybe games set up for kids to play, or something more then shuffle in, watch, shuffle out and go home. The consessions is just one area that could be improved.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'd really love to see somebody from SDSU events management go down to Lawrence and see how Kansas does their men's basketball in Allen Fieldhouse.

From about five minutes before the game, it's a scripted entertainment event, and a lot of fun. (Of course, having the Jayhawks in the house helps, but some of it is tradition KU has built up over the years.)

For instance, give the cheerleaders and dance teams jobs that actually enhance the total fan experience, for instance, rather than just kind of throwing them out there and more or less telling them "do your best, guys!" Use them as integral parts of the total event.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
              X