X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a dog

I am perfect for this job:

Jacks dinning concessions is looking for a new hot dog

Jacks Dining Concessions needs your help, and your taste buds, to choose a new hot dog to sell at Frost Arena.

Fans interested in helping the cause can sample three different hot dogs, at no cost and while supplies last, at the men's basketball game on Thursday against Centenary, and again on Monday during the women's basketball game against Centenary.

Just go to the East side of the foyer at Frost Arena to cast your vote.

The new hot dog makes its debut on Jan. 20, when the men host Oakland in Summit League action.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Re: Pick a dog

It's about time! I've thought the hot dogs at Frost were not very good...tasteless. Any change should be an improvement and I think the sales of hot dogs will jump. (I quit eating them).

Comment

It's probably too much to ask, but they really should try using the Jackrabbit Brats, or other meat lab produces.

They probably still boil the dogs in water, too. A great way to assure no flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        It's about time! I've thought the hot dogs at Frost were not very good...tasteless. Any change should be an improvement and I think the sales of hot dogs will jump. (I quit eating them).
        I more so had a problem with the crusty buns, the dogs were better then the buns IMO.

lol, crusty buns, don;t you hate when that happens.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Wonder if they plan to make it easier to get through the consession line, it keeps me from going because you miss half the game while waiting in line.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Wonder if they plan to make it easier to get through the consession line, it keeps me from going because you miss half the game while waiting in line.
            They absolutely must do something. It isn't nearly as big an issue for a single game but for doubleheaders they need to set up more concessions.

It should be easy to have a separate and additional pizza and hot dog stand where people can get those things and a soda or water. The current set-up is woefully inadequate and definitely takes away from the Frost arena experience.

The hot dogs aren't great but not being able to get one is much worse.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              They absolutely must do something. It isn't nearly as big an issue for a single game but for doubleheaders they need to set up more concessions.

It should be easy to have a separate and additional pizza and hot dog stand where people can get those things and a soda or water. The current set-up is woefully inadequate and definitely takes away from the Frost arena experience.

The former concessionaire (prior to Aramark) had great juicy and large dogs available and the two of us (wife) ALWAYS had a hot dog at the games. We gave up on Aramark's because they are just plain lousy. I am hoping that this does get changed...I'll be there to try the options and express my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

Aramark really needs to work on marketing more concessions. Granted Frost was not built with an abundant concession facilities, seems like there are limited amount of booths, but that part could be worked on. Seems to me and I could be wrong, but we dont have the same number of booths that are available at the SF Arena or even The FABULOUS FARGO DOME.

Sampling hot dogs seems to be a start. I would think the staff is working with Aramark and trying to make things more fan friendly.

Comment

Yellow Lab..................................Did I win??
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

they should have a bottled water and coke stand... cash only..

Comment

lol, crusty buns, don;t you hate when that happens.
                      Seems more of a personal hygiene issue, goon!
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

So did anyone fulfill their duty as loyal fan and sample the weenies? Wish I could have been there. I've not had such a golden opportunity since Doc Costello's meat processing lab back in the day. Yes, I am a hot dog aficionado.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                          So did anyone fulfill their duty as loyal fan and sample the weenies? Wish I could have been there. I've not had such a golden opportunity since Doc Costello's meat processing lab back in the day. Yes, I am a hot dog aficionado.
                          I did, went with B.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                            Seems more of a personal hygiene issue, goon!
                            It is what happens when swamp ass or swass dries or a shart, or what we like to call it in college, IGIWID, its gonna itch when it dries. I am sure many have been aflicted with this condition before.

Comment

It is what happens when swamp ass or swass dries or a shart, or what we like to call it in college, IGIWID, its gonna itch when it dries. I am sure many have been aflicted with this condition before.
                              TMI Goon TMI :P

Comment

Working...
                              X