Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salemjack
    replied
    Fun fact, Seth wrestled for a year at Penn State, then played football for a semester and is now back on the wrestling team. I would be open to him playing both here too!!

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post

Is he in the portal?
    Not yet

Leave a comment:

• bennymj171
    replied
    Originally posted by witness View Post
    Any chance SDSU goes after Seth Nevills at Penn State for next year at HWT? He can’t make the starting lineup at Penn State due to Greg Kerkvliet but he is arguably better than his brother, AJ
    Is he in the portal?

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied
    Any chance SDSU goes after Seth Nevills at Penn State for next year at HWT? He can’t make the starting lineup at Penn State due to Greg Kerkvliet but he is arguably better than his brother, AJ

Leave a comment:

• bennymj171
    replied
    Originally posted by stchrist View Post

Dang it forgot about him. It sure will! It for sure gives the coaches options during the dual season to rest guys etc and not miss a beat. We have went from a bare cupboard to one stocked with plenty of ammo.
    This is easily the deepest the room has ever been since moving to D1. When you start to have guys like McConville & Berge on your bench that have wins over national qualifiers and your not sure if they will even be your starter next year, this is when you really start to see a program take leaps.

Leave a comment:

• stchrist
    replied

Meredith is also going to be back next year @ 125, that kind of competition in the room is going to push these guys to make some really big jumps
    Dang it forgot about him. It sure will! It for sure gives the coaches options during the dual season to rest guys etc and not miss a beat. We have went from a bare cupboard to one stocked with plenty of ammo.

Leave a comment:

• bennymj171
    replied

That is good to hear! It will be interesting to hear how Tagg and Cardinal shake out. OR would Jordan redshirt if one of them could drop down? All good problems to have, strength in quality numbers. We'll miss Nevills!
    Meredith is also going to be back next year @ 125, that kind of competition in the room is going to push these guys to make some really big jumps

Leave a comment:

• stchrist
    replied

My little birdie says they are all going to be back, Nevills is out of eligibility.
    That is good to hear! It will be interesting to hear how Tagg and Cardinal shake out. OR would Jordan redshirt if one of them could drop down? All good problems to have, strength in quality numbers. We'll miss Nevills!

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    I thought for sure that Cook would be gone. He's on year six already and he's had quite a few injuries. They also have two descent options behind him.

Leave a comment:

• bennymj171
    replied

In my humble opinion, I think the only one we may not see back is Carlson and I hope my opinion sucks! LOL
    My little birdie says they are all going to be back, Nevills is out of eligibility.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishhook View Post

Usually the seniors honored at “Senior Night” is a very good indicator if they will be back or not. I wasn’t there so I can’t say for sure, but I don’t believe he was honored that night.
    The only starter who was honored was Nevills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Fishhook
    replied

In my humble opinion, I think the only one we may not see back is Carlson and I hope my opinion sucks! LOL
    Usually the seniors honored at “Senior Night” is a very good indicator if they will be back or not. I wasn’t there so I can’t say for sure, but I don’t believe he was honored that night.

Leave a comment:

• stchrist
    replied
    Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
    I do stand by my earlier evaluation but, to be clear, the jacks are on the right path looking at this from a year-to-year perspective and I expect a continued upward trend in results. Expections were high because of what this group has done in the past and they failed to reach them in this particular tournament. That said, in failing to clear this high bar, they cleared the bar from three years ago by a mile. I had thought that this year would be a climax for the program and that they would be down next year as Cook, Carlson, and Sloan would choose to graduate, but it seems that they will be back and the jacks will have an even better team next year.

Leave a comment:

• TheWombat
    replied
    I do stand by my earlier evaluation but, to be clear, the jacks are on the right path looking at this from a year-to-year perspective and I expect a continued upward trend in results. Expections were high because of what this group has done in the past and they failed to reach them in this particular tournament. That said, in failing to clear this high bar, they cleared the bar from three years ago by a mile. I had thought that this year would be a climax for the program and that they would be down next year as Cook, Carlson, and Sloan would choose to graduate, but it seems that they will be back and the jacks will have an even better team next year.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied

No they don’t worry about separating conferences anymore. They seed 1-33 now.
    Thank you! it seems with big 12 having 6 or more in almost every weight there is a good chance we have some rematches

Leave a comment:

Working...
X