No announcement yet.

Big 12 Breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 qualifiers has to be considered a very successful season and the facilities will pay off down the road in recruiting. Look at how the SJAC changed football.

Excited for next week! Wish Zimmer could make it down there, but he'll be covering the women.

Comment

here is an area i have zero knowledge. will they try at all to avoid conference matchups or repeat matchups in the first round? meaning if it is maybe a coin flip for somene to be the 7 seed or the 8 seed for instance and one means a rematch and one is not, they go with the seed that avoids a first round rematch?

obviously with a LOT of big 12 guys there, there is a solid chance that we wrestle some of them again. as i said before, whatever happens and whoever we wrestle, hopefully more of them than not can come away feeling like they did their best wrestling of the season in the last tournament of the season. obviously i am not wanting anyone to be reckless, but if i was gonna get beat at nationals, i would prefer to get beat from going for it a little too much, as opposed to getting beat by being too cautious

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
        here is an area i have zero knowledge. will they try at all to avoid conference matchups or repeat matchups in the first round? meaning if it is maybe a coin flip for somene to be the 7 seed or the 8 seed for instance and one means a rematch and one is not, they go with the seed that avoids a first round rematch?

obviously with a LOT of big 12 guys there, there is a solid chance that we wrestle some of them again. as i said before, whatever happens and whoever we wrestle, hopefully more of them than not can come away feeling like they did their best wrestling of the season in the last tournament of the season. obviously i am not wanting anyone to be reckless, but if i was gonna get beat at nationals, i would prefer to get beat from going for it a little too much, as opposed to getting beat by being too cautious
        No they don’t worry about separating conferences anymore. They seed 1-33 now.

Comment

Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post

No they don’t worry about separating conferences anymore. They seed 1-33 now.
          Thank you! it seems with big 12 having 6 or more in almost every weight there is a good chance we have some rematches

Comment

I do stand by my earlier evaluation but, to be clear, the jacks are on the right path looking at this from a year-to-year perspective and I expect a continued upward trend in results. Expections were high because of what this group has done in the past and they failed to reach them in this particular tournament. That said, in failing to clear this high bar, they cleared the bar from three years ago by a mile. I had thought that this year would be a climax for the program and that they would be down next year as Cook, Carlson, and Sloan would choose to graduate, but it seems that they will be back and the jacks will have an even better team next year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
              I do stand by my earlier evaluation but, to be clear, the jacks are on the right path looking at this from a year-to-year perspective and I expect a continued upward trend in results. Expections were high because of what this group has done in the past and they failed to reach them in this particular tournament. That said, in failing to clear this high bar, they cleared the bar from three years ago by a mile. I had thought that this year would be a climax for the program and that they would be down next year as Cook, Carlson, and Sloan would choose to graduate, but it seems that they will be back and the jacks will have an even better team next year.
              In my humble opinion, I think the only one we may not see back is Carlson and I hope my opinion sucks! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by stchrist View Post

In my humble opinion, I think the only one we may not see back is Carlson and I hope my opinion sucks! LOL
                Usually the seniors honored at “Senior Night” is a very good indicator if they will be back or not. I wasn’t there so I can’t say for sure, but I don’t believe he was honored that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhook View Post

Usually the seniors honored at “Senior Night” is a very good indicator if they will be back or not. I wasn’t there so I can’t say for sure, but I don’t believe he was honored that night.
                  The only starter who was honored was Nevills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My little birdie says they are all going to be back, Nevills is out of eligibility.

Comment

I thought for sure that Cook would be gone. He's on year six already and he's had quite a few injuries. They also have two descent options behind him.

Comment

My little birdie says they are all going to be back, Nevills is out of eligibility.
                        That is good to hear! It will be interesting to hear how Tagg and Cardinal shake out. OR would Jordan redshirt if one of them could drop down? All good problems to have, strength in quality numbers. We'll miss Nevills!

Comment

That is good to hear! It will be interesting to hear how Tagg and Cardinal shake out. OR would Jordan redshirt if one of them could drop down? All good problems to have, strength in quality numbers. We'll miss Nevills!
                          Meredith is also going to be back next year @ 125, that kind of competition in the room is going to push these guys to make some really big jumps

Comment

Meredith is also going to be back next year @ 125, that kind of competition in the room is going to push these guys to make some really big jumps
                            Dang it forgot about him. It sure will! It for sure gives the coaches options during the dual season to rest guys etc and not miss a beat. We have went from a bare cupboard to one stocked with plenty of ammo.

Comment

Dang it forgot about him. It sure will! It for sure gives the coaches options during the dual season to rest guys etc and not miss a beat. We have went from a bare cupboard to one stocked with plenty of ammo.
                              This is easily the deepest the room has ever been since moving to D1. When you start to have guys like McConville & Berge on your bench that have wins over national qualifiers and your not sure if they will even be your starter next year, this is when you really start to see a program take leaps.

Comment

Any chance SDSU goes after Seth Nevills at Penn State for next year at HWT? He can’t make the starting lineup at Penn State due to Greg Kerkvliet but he is arguably better than his brother, AJ
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X