No announcement yet.

Vs Oklahoma State Feb. 10th 7PM Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the big crowd predictions just speculation or are the ticket sales actually looking good?

Comment

The ref was god awful tonight
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        I love seeing all of stall calls, but they weren't as consistant as I'd like them to be. I'm starting to understand when so many refs are afraid to call stalling subjectively.

Comment

I like wrestling and have watched it plenty as lots of my football players were also wrestlers, but i definitely dont know enough about it to speak with any real wisdom or authority.

so curious, did you think the ref actually cost the jacks significant points?

i cannot remember which match Coach Hahn challenged the takedown call but in my uneducated perspective it seemed like a stalemate could have been called quite a while before the disputed takedown.

overall i thought the jacks did better than the final score might indicate. if you flip one match you have a single point deficit instead of 7. the Cook match alone could have made the difference, but i did think their guy did a very good job of kinda stealing points from Cook, again my thoughts are far from educated

thought the jacks had chances in every match except 133 and at the same time all of them, except maybe Devos and Sloan, missed opportunities to do better

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

I love seeing all of stall calls, but they weren't as consistant as I'd like them to be. I'm starting to understand when so many refs are afraid to call stalling subjectively.
            You can’t say you love all the stall calls when Sloan’s opponent should have been stalled out. Also, I hate double boot ride so you can’t hit King for stalling. I mean in one match, the ref didn’t even know who he called for stalling and mistakenly gave OSU a point. In Devos’ match, the position didn’t change for 30 seconds, then didn’t call stalemate then called TD for Oklahoma State when nothing was different for 30 seconds prior. Literally what did Sloans opponent do for 7 minutes? Sloan wasn’t covering the hips and only looked to turn and OSU had his head on the mat for almost 6 mins and did nothing else. Should have gave him a pillow

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I like wrestling and have watched it plenty as lots of my football players were also wrestlers, but i definitely dont know enough about it to speak with any real wisdom or authority.

i cannot remember which match Coach Hahn challenged the takedown call but in my uneducated perspective it seemed like a stalemate could have been called quite a while before the disputed takedown.

overall i thought the jacks did better than the final score might indicate. if you flip one match you have a single point deficit instead of 7. the Cook match alone could have made the difference, but i did think their guy did a very good job of kinda stealing points from Cook, again my thoughts are far from educated

thought the jacks had chances in every match except 133 and at the same time all of them, except maybe Devos and Sloan, missed opportunities to do better
              Cardinal only giving up a major was huge. Steal the Cook and Martin matches and SDSU wins the dual.

Comment

Cardinal only giving up a major was huge. Steal the Cook and Martin matches and SDSU wins the dual.
                yes, i kept thinking how weird it was that i thought he was actually wrestling pretty well and still looked obvious that he had no chance

Comment

I would of guessed the crowd to be bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

well said, only thing I would disagree on is DeVos, I thought he wrestled a very smart match against the #7 kid whose a returning AA, but it is very possible I missed something or that I am just not remembering because by that point I was having a really hard time maintaining my composure on the call because it was so intense in there, either way I loved your thoughts

Comment

Working...
                    X