Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vs Oklahoma State Feb. 10th 7PM Frost Arena

Who’s coming? What’s our chances?

EVERYONE is coming! Or at least they should. No Jack wrestling fan can miss this weekend. It's the biggest home stand of the season.

Chances? OSU has been on a roll. They took down 2 top 10 programs last weekend. OU has been less consistent. We will need to wrestle well to win both duals, but have shown we are capable of beating teams like these.

Side note: it is time for us to "upset" a team. The Minnesota and Nebraska duals could have been wins but we let them slip away.

Hope to see you all in Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post
      EVERYONE is coming! Or at least they should. No Jack wrestling fan can miss this weekend. It's the biggest home stand of the season.

Chances? OSU has been on a roll. They took down 2 top 10 programs last weekend. OU has been less consistent. We will need to wrestle well to win both duals, but have shown we are capable of beating teams like these.

Side note: it is time for us to "upset" a team. The Minnesota and Nebraska duals could have been wins but we let them slip away.

Hope to see you all in Frost.
      If you are within a reasonable driving distance and don't have anything already planned for Friday night get your butt to Frost and make this place extremely uncomfortable for the Cowboys. This is the most legitimate shot at OK State since moving to D1!

125 Witcraft vs HM Jordan 0-3 My gut says Witcraft a very slight favorite here but could see it going either way
      133 #2 Fix vs Cardinal 0-7 Fix is a 50% bonus guy, not giving up Bonus is a victory here
      141 #13 Young vs #11 Carlson 3-7 Carlson beat him 3-1 last season but Young has been better than last year, hope this is the weekend Carlson gets his confidence back
      149 HM Voinovich vs Martin 3-10 Voinovich is a slight favorite here, wouldn't be shocked if Martin takes this one though
      157 #13 Gfeller vs #18 Swensen 6-10 SR vs FR Swensen's chance to show the rest of the country he is ready to be on the podium in March
      165 #22 Sheets vs #14 Cook 12-10 Sheets went on a run 2 years ago and was an all american from the 33rd seed, if we see Cook here I think he ends it early if Sheets is crazy enough to engage
      174 #7 Plott vs #13 DeVos 12-13 Plott won 5-3 last year but I wouldn't be surprised with DeVos getting over the hump here and showing that he is a contender to place at the end of the year
      184 #11 Wittlake vs #17 King 15-13 Wittlake is up 2 weights from 2022, he lost 9-4 to Cook at Big 12's, on paper this match is very close
      197 #21 Surber vs #9 Sloan 18-13 Surber just knocked off at the time #1 Elam, Sloan needs to come out firing and set the pace
      285 #19 Doucet vs #12 Nevills 21-13 Looks close in the rankings but I feel Nevills is pretty big favorite here with the way he has looked this season

Obviously a lot has to go right for SDSU to win the dual but the above prediction is not crazy by any means

Comment

My group will be there and ready. I hope we come out with more fire and try. Should be an entertaining dual.

Comment

What a weekend to travel to Brookings OSU and OU wrestling with USD MBB sandwiched in between. It would be cool to see the team put it all together and steel this win. It sort of feels like we're due after the way the Minnesota dual went down.

Comment

This year the Jacks have three big name teams on the schedule and they have to wrestlers beat all of them. It hurt to see the narrow losses to Nebraska and Minnesota, but I think that Hahn will take this one very seriously. I think he wants a marquee win on his record and I bet it wasn't easy to miss the last two. If I had to place money, I think I'd have to put it on Okie State, but I think there's a really good chance that the Jacks pull off the upset. I also that there's a good chance that they wrestle Berge if he looks like the better option in the room.

Comment

I really don’t think Berge is an upgrade to King at this point in his career. Next year will be a whole different story!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhook View Post
                I really don’t think Berge is an upgrade to King at this point in his career. Next year will be a whole different story!
                You might be right. I think he's gotten better as the year has progressed and the coaches will know where he is in his progression. I'd love to know how Berge, King, and Rogotzke shakes out in the room.

Comment

First time at Frost for wrestling. Any suggestions on best seats. I know lower middle sections are sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    First time at Frost for wrestling. Any suggestions on best seats. I know lower middle sections are sold out.
                    They are all pretty good for wrestling

Comment

Just buy general admission and sit in the student section IMO

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                        Just buy general admission and sit in the student section IMO
                        If you sit there you have to show @sloshow how to yell! Let's make it a "nice" loud hostile environment!

Comment

Email from Hahn says to get your tickets online and show up early, they are expecting a big crowd

Comment

Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post
                            Email from Hahn says to get your tickets online and show up early, they are expecting a big crowd
                            I hope there is a good turnout. Much more fun when the crowd gets into it. Personally I would like to see Hahn get into it more at times as he can be kinda reserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post

I hope there is a good turnout. Much more fun when the crowd gets into it. Personally I would like to see Hahn get into it more at times as he can be kinda reserved.
                              You want him to act like a fool similar to our last coach? I will pass on that. Coach Hahn gets vocal when he needs to not for attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X