No announcement yet.

Hahn Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky - certainly. SDSU is a great place with awesome people and now an incredible facility. To keep him, the staff, and wrestlers there will have to be an influx of capital. Coaches need to make more money. Athletes need to have better NIL deals if we want to keep them. Top recruits want additional funding, as well. Unless there is more money I'm afraid SDSU will be a revolving door for coaches and athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post
      Athletes need to have better NIL deals if we want to keep them. s.
      (barf)

I get that NIL is part of the landscape today, but it is sad that NIL money will be more important to some athletes than the quality of the degree they receive.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post

(barf)

I get that NIL is part of the landscape today, but it is sad that NIL money will be more important to some athletes than the quality of the degree they receive.
        I do not disagree, but NIL is certainly part of the game now. I am not sure kids are getting worse/lesser degrees due to NIL. I am strictly suggesting that the teams at the top of the food chain just happen to be the teams with the biggest pockets.

Comment

Are we pretending kids didn't get paid before NIL?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            Are we pretending kids didn't get paid before NIL?
            Wasn’t like this. Much more difficult to do it legally back in the day. Penn State isn’t whipping out 250K for Bernie Truax back when it was illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
              Reports are that Damion Hahn declined an offer from Oklahoma.
              NDSU’s head coach has just been named the new head coach at Oklahoma.

Comment

There was speculation that Hahn might return to Princeton to be the head coach after the coach was hired by Stanford. Princeton decided to stay in house and promote the assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
                  There was speculation that Hahn might return to Princeton to be the head coach after the coach was hired by Stanford. Princeton decided to stay in house and promote the assistant.
                  Hopefully the coaching carousel is done now till after next season

Comment

Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post

Hopefully the coaching carousel is done now till after next season
                    That speculation by the wrestling “insider” was nothing but click bait to hopefully get more engagement on his page. No way was Princeton not going with Joe D. Willie and the Flo dweebs didn’t even mention it. I don’t mind mineo but he does a terrible job of not filtering out BS and instead tweets it and just plays the “insider” tag when I’d say like 50% actually hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KSjack View Post

That speculation by the wrestling “insider” was nothing but click bait to hopefully get more engagement on his page. No way was Princeton not going with Joe D. Willie and the Flo dweebs didn’t even mention it. I don’t mind mineo but he does a terrible job of not filtering out BS and instead tweets it and just plays the “insider” tag when I’d say like 50% actually hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      yep wishful thinking on Mineo’s part. He is a clown and a psychopath

Comment

Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post
                        Lucky - certainly. SDSU is a great place with awesome people and now an incredible facility. To keep him, the staff, and wrestlers there will have to be an influx of capital. Coaches need to make more money. Athletes need to have better NIL deals if we want to keep them. Top recruits want additional funding, as well. Unless there is more money I'm afraid SDSU will be a revolving door for coaches and athletes.
                        I think most fans share your concerns...what solutions do you propose to address those concerns? Any great ideas about raising more money?

Comment

Working...
                        X