Hahn Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahn Era

I cannot express how good it is to have this coaching staff. Hahn and company are going to take this team to new levels. I will always appreciate what Bono did for the Jacks, however he needed to move on. Perfect time for Hahn to come in, build on the success and run with it. Great staff, great attitudes, fits perfectly in Brookings.

Side note (and a little bit of smack talk) - All is not rosy in Badgerland for Bono right now. I live in Wisconsin, and the shine of old Bono has worn off rather quickly. Honestly makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Year 1 would have been better had 2 quality wrestlers not transferred out.

The jacks are improving with the new leadership and the incoming class is full of HAMMERS. This is the beginning of something very special.

As far as the last HC - we are fortunate he moved on. UW has learned they made a mistake. Would not be surprised to see it open up again.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      I cannot express how good it is to have this coaching staff. Hahn and company are going to take this team to new levels. I will always appreciate what Bono did for the Jacks, however he needed to move on. Perfect time for Hahn to come in, build on the success and run with it. Great staff, great attitudes, fits perfectly in Brookings.

Side note (and a little bit of smack talk) - All is not rosy in Badgerland for Bono right now. I live in Wisconsin, and the shine of old Bono has worn off rather quickly. Honestly makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The current crew of coaches are as good as they come, both on and off the mat. The Bono smoke screen is starting to fall and that is hilarious to watch. Remember how he told all of us he was here for the long haul but then took every interview he could. He wanted the spot light of the B1G but I’m not sure he realized his bull**** was just going to be examined under a stronger microscope. The program is in good hands for sure now, extremely excited to see what the future holds.

Comment

Former HC has some strong detractors in Wisconsin that are pushing to see him fired, rumors that Hilger (HWT) and Wick (165 and taking an Olympic Red shirt) will transfer out if he if he isn't fired. Wick would look real good in Blue.

Regardless of that guy, our future is so bright and the sky is the limit for Jacks Wrestling. Fun to see it evolve, that wrestling room will be the cherry on top. Hopefully we can get 1-2 All Americans this year and keep building.

Comment

Seeing Bono fall apart at Wisconsin after what he did when he left SDSU is just perfect
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Very fortunate and happy with our current staff.

Bono was the right guy at the time when the program was at its low point. He is a salesman. But now it seems he cares more about promoting the “Underground” Events & his BonoBilt tournaments.

Comment

20 wrestlers made the Big 12 academic team...2/3 of the roster. Hahn and company doing it all right. So happy with where this program is. Add the new facility and the attraction of top tier talent continues.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Bono was the right guy at the time when the program was at its low point. He is a salesman.
                I agree with this. It's not entirely out of the question the SDSU wrestling program doesn't exist without Bono.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I agree with this. It's not entirely out of the question the SDSU wrestling program doesn't exist without Bono.
                  this program isn't where it is today unless we had Bono, unfortunately he not only burned the bridge, he torched it, blew it up, made the gap wider so there can never be a bridge again. That seems to follow him, UT Chattanooga folks don't have much good to say either.
                  Appreciate what he did, glad he is gone. So much less drama, and the RTC has more money

Comment

Stanford interested in Hahn ? http://www.twitter.com/MatScoutWilli...19582415265792

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Question would be why would Hahn be interested in an assistant position at Stanford.

Comment

Can we give Hahn a lifetime contract yet? This man needs to stay forever!! Berge! Are you kidding me!! Hahn Simaz Caldwell and Berge can be the staff forever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not necessarily a huge wrestling fan, but I am a big Damian Hahn fan. I think this program is going to continue to be on the rise and he is doing it the right way! Curious what will happen to BIG12 wrestling if the conference breaks apart.

Comment

Reports are that Damion Hahn declined an offer from Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                              Reports are that Damion Hahn declined an offer from Oklahoma.
                              We are lucky to have Hahn and I hope everybody sees that.

Comment

Working...
                              X