Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

This kid screams upside. If you can win a national title wrestling out of Benson, Minnesota while being a multiple sport athlete, you can win in Brookings with some of the best upper weight coaches and training partners in the country. He's a great fit for us. I do kind of hope he goes heavyweight, 197 is getting a little crowded in the room.
    Here is from the same area as the Carlson's. Benson is about 20 minutes from where I live so I plan to get to a few of his matches this winter.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

• Brandon Meredith commited. Transfer from Penn State
      https://twitter.com/bkmpsu1/status/1...hHlgbWR-mlDbyQ
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• it will be interesting to see what weight he ends up at next season, hasn't had a great career so far but sometimes a change is all a kid needs, he has 2 years of eligibility I believe

Comment

• Whatever weight he goes is fine with me. He will bring another D1 experienced wrestler to the roster. What he does with that is up to him. WELCOME TO BROOKINGS, BRANDON.

Comment

• Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post
            Whatever weight he goes is fine with me. He will bring another D1 experienced wrestler to the roster. What he does with that is up to him. WELCOME TO BROOKINGS, BRANDON.
            sounds like 125 from what I'm hearing

Comment

• Brody Teske just entered the portal. This is his second transfer so I wonder if there isn't an academic or character issue, but he could be a major piece for the Jacks, especially if Meredith can't make 125 again. He's also an Iowa kid, so they should have a shot at getting him.

Comment

• Caldwell tweeted that they picked up another commitment, no name yet

Comment

• Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post
                  Caldwell tweeted that they picked up another commitment, no name yet
                  https://twitter.com/colindupill/stat...jlEdk2MYhIwITQ

Comment

• I don't know a lot about him, but he seems like a fringe top-20 wrestler in his weight-class and you have to think that he has some real upside coming from a state like Tennessee. He also has a little brother who seems to be at a comparable level.

Comment

• Greyson Clark from Wisconsin just reopened his recruitment for class of 2023. 3x state champion and ranked currently #14 at 132. Damion Hahn follows him on Twitter. Any chance SDSU has a shot at him?

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Greyson Clark from Wisconsin just reopened his recruitment for class of 2023. 3x state champion and ranked currently #14 at 132. Damion Hahn follows him on Twitter. Any chance SDSU has a shot at him?
                        I think there's a chance that he ends up in Brookings. His hometown has a lot in common with Brookings, it's not too far away, he fits well in the line-up, and I think SDSU might have more scholarship money than some other places. On the other side of things, we don't have a lot of history recruiting Wisconsin and it's hard to move away to a college where you don't know anyone. I think Minnesota might be the front runner for him. Brandvold over at the U recruits Wisconsin very well and they have a couple of wrestlers from his high school on their team. Northern Iowa and Missouri might be some other potential places where he could land.

Comment

• Another commit to the 2023 class
                          https://twitter.com/caldwell_cody/st...W_DcbF-HBb_xuA

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                            Looks like it is Brady Roark out of Missouri, 2X state champ on a 70 some match win streak the last 2 seasons in Missouri

Comment

• Welcome to SDSU Brady! We look forward to you being a jackrabbit.

Comment

• I think my favorite thing about Roark as a prospect is that he was willing to test himself this past off-season. He had a fantastic Junior Duals, going undefeated in both styles, but then he went to elite 8 duals and took some beating at the hands of a lot of the best in the country. Not every stud wrestler from these less significant states gets the chance to bounce back from something like that and that's a quality that you need in college wrestling. He's dropping down to 120 for super 32 next weekend, we'll see how he responds.

Comment

Working...
                                X