No announcement yet.

Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March was in a DOGFIGHT against a freshman. Literally did nothing and he's supposed to be a can't miss recruit according to TheWombat??? Man even stalled for a minute. I think if you are a D1 wrestler you should whoop up on South Dakota wrestlers
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      March was in a DOGFIGHT against a freshman. Literally did nothing and he's supposed to be a can't miss recruit according to TheWombat??? Man even stalled for a minute. I think if you are a D1 wrestler you should whoop up on South Dakota wrestlers
      I think you'd have a hard time finding an unbiased source to agree with you that it was a dogfight, but it's not really worth the effort to fight you on that. March was 52-0 this year and he only had six matches that didn't end in a pin with only three of those going to a decision. If you don't like the kid, I think that March and I are both fine with that, but lets not pretend that he's a bad wrestler because he gave up a reversal once. He also beat Orel 9-1 earlier this year if that makes you feel better about him.
      Last edited by TheWombat; 03-01-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

It's interesting that we have exactly five posts on this thread pertaining to the South Dakota state tournament. Four of them are speaking negatively about Kellyn March, one of them is defending him, and there are currently zero that have anything to say about anything else pertaining the state tournament in SDSU's home state (or the Minnesota state tournament which also wrapped up yesterday). If my opinions are really so polarizing that people would rather use the recruiting thread to speak poorly of a high-schooler in order to prod at me than talk about what is literally the most important recruiting day all year, I can take a step back for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

I think you'd have a hard time finding an unbiased source to agree with you that it was a dogfight, but it's not really worth the effort to fight you on that. March was 52-0 this year and he only had six matches that didn't end in a pin with only three of those going to a decision. If you don't like the kid, I think that March and I are both fine with that, but lets not pretend that he's a bad wrestler because he gave up a reversal once. He also beat Orel 9-1 earlier this year if that makes you feel better about him.
          You are right. It wasn't a dogfight, but it was definitely a close match. You know I have to give you a little crap after you hyped him up all year only to be in a close match against a freshman. Don't take it personally. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
            It's interesting that we have exactly five posts on this thread pertaining to the South Dakota state tournament. Four of them are speaking negatively about Kellyn March, one of them is defending him, and there are currently zero that have anything to say about anything else pertaining the state tournament in SDSU's home state (or the Minnesota state tournament which also wrapped up yesterday). If my opinions are really so polarizing that people would rather use the recruiting thread to speak poorly of a high-schooler in order to prod at me than talk about what is literally the most important recruiting day all year, I can take a step back for a while.
            There is exactly one wrestler going to SDSU at the state tournament in Lucas Anglin and he was in a ho hum match so there wouldn't be many posts about the state tournament. Not surprised there isn't a bunch of posts about the state tournament.

Comment

Such a shame Nash isn't wrestling in college. His weight would not be a factor in college since he wouldn't worry about being big for football either. So big, athletic, and strong for a SD HWT

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Such a shame Nash isn't wrestling in college. His weight would not be a factor in college since he wouldn't worry about being big for football either. So big, athletic, and strong for a SD HWT
                I would have guessed he would have picked wrestling. With a chance to be one of the best ever. As a newb to wrestling what are some one like Nashs chances for Olympics if he chose that route?
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Picked up a verbal according to Coach Caldwell’s tweet this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I would have guessed he would have picked wrestling. With a chance to be one of the best ever. As a newb to wrestling what are some one like Nashs chances for Olympics if he chose that route?
                    His favorite sport is wrestling but he went to football due to the NFL. Him making the Olympics is tough, Gable Steveson from Minnesota is amazing and only two years older. Don't think he would ever beat Gable but that's not a knock as Gable is incredible

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Picked up a verbal according to Coach Caldwell’s tweet this morning.
                      Wonder who it is? South Dakota or Minnesota wrestler?

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                        I’ve been told Nash walks around at a weight well into the 300’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post

Wonder who it is? South Dakota or Minnesota wrestler?
                          I am guessing Iowa but pure speculation on my part (Marshall Hauck?).

Comment

I’ve been told Nash walks around at a weight well into the 300’s.
                            His weight wouldn't be a problem in college. He has to be big due to football.

Comment

I am guessing Iowa but pure speculation on my part (Marshall Hauck?).
                              Interesting. Just assumed it was SD or Minnesota due to them having states this weekend but the wrestler being from Iowa makes sense with Caldwell tweeting about it

Comment

• Hahn liked a tweet early this morning about a Wisconsin kid winning a state title. It was before they announced the commit so I didn't pay much attention and now I can't find it back.

Comment

Working...
                                X