Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks sign 2

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    Per Terry Vandrovec via Twitter: "Per his dad, Spearfish senior Nate Rotert - winner of multiple national titles - has given a verbal to wrestle at SDSU. Major get at 197."
    Wow! That is a huge get. Awesome!

Comment

Per TV's twitter

https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec

Tri-Valley senior Austin Oyen said he has given a verbal to wrestle at SDSU. Finished 1st or 2nd at state last 3 years. Likely 133 or 141.

Comment

I am pumped by the addition of Nate Rotert! Flowrestling has him ranked as the #6 wrestler at 220 lbs and #53 overall. Getting elite SD wrestlers dialed in as Jackrabbit wrestlers is a huge step towards making this program competitive at the DI level.
        On top of that, he chose to be a Jackrabbit over Nebraska and Wyoming. That alone is a huge statement!
        Last edited by GopherHole; 10-18-2012, 09:47 AM. Reason: Other recruiting schools.

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but it looks like Bono got a 3 time state champ from Tennessee to commit in August or September. Brandon Brunner will attempt to become a 4 time champion this season in Tennessee and is coming because of Bono and assistant coach Silva.
          The Chattanoogan first reported the signing in August. He also cancelled recruiting visits to Central Michigan and Oregon State with his commitment to the Jacks.

One side bar not from one of the stories was this quote from Bono, ""I loved Chattanooga. The biggest mistake I made was leaving," Bono said. "The funding is probably better here, but the fan support and the booster club are similar to what was in Chattanooga. The recruiting base is better, though. We're 30 minutes from Minnesota and 40 minutes from Iowa."

Comment

Coach Bono nabs another commit, this time out of the 138 lbs Class 2A state champ out of Minnesota, Coltan Langaniere.... https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...64471439826944

Comment

We've added a couple more recruits. One is from Arizona, I don't remember who it was though, but TV tweeted about him a week or so ago. Today we added the #6 rated recruit at 113 in the Nation from New Mexico...... https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...52556540379136

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                We've added a couple more recruits. One is from Arizona, I don't remember who it was though, but TV tweeted about him a week or so ago. Today we added the number 6 rated recruit at 113 in the Nation...... https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...52556540379136
                I don't know Jack about wrestling (see what I did there?), but these recruits seem really impressive.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I don't know Jack about wrestling (see what I did there?), but these recruits seem really impressive.
                  Not sure how tough New Mexico high school wrestling is, but being not only a good folkstyle wrestler is just as important as being a good freestyle wrestler in order to translate to college wrestling. A lot of similar styles in freestyle and collegiate wrestling. That is why he is ranked #6 at 113, and yes that it impressive. Nice to see some quality recruits coming to Brookings.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

An unbelieveable job of recruiting. Lets hope we can keep them for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                      NM recruit is a 5 Star recruit, Rotert is a 4 Star to compare to football recruiting system.
                      This recruiting thing is getting pretty impressive. Won't lie - the last couple years it was very difficult to motivate myself to go watch Jacks wrestling. But, I am starting to get excited to watch this program in the future.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I'm glad that Rotert stayed in state. Just think if the Jacks had Lange, Klapprodt, and Storley. I must say, outside of about 10-15 schools that get elite wrestlers ala, Minnesota, Iowa, Ohio State, Penn State, Cornell, and Nebraska the rest of the schools are pretty much up in the air as far as getting kids to come wrestle for that school. They want to wrestle for Bono, so they are coming here which is great.
                        Last edited by witness; 11-01-2012, 08:19 AM.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

If the Jacks can keep Bono, and he keeps up the recruiting trend he is on right now, realistically we could have a wrestler that could be a national title contender.
                          The talent Bono is attracting is something we haven't seen here. We are even above NDSU at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                            If the Jacks can keep Bono, and he keeps up the recruiting trend he is on right now, realistically we could have a wrestler that could be a national title contender.
                            The talent Bono is attracting is something we haven't seen here. We are even above NDSU at this point.
                            Ok ok lets not get ahead of ourselves here. How about we get an All-American first then we start talking national title contender?

Our lineup still has some holes. But, if the recruiting does keep pace we could have the looks of a appalachian state or Wyoming.
                            [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Comment

I'd be extremely satisfied with that.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                                But I will say our 2013 class is very comparable to NDSU's at the moment. NDSU has 3 top 100 recruits, we have 2. Finally the one sport we all thought was going to transition seamlessly to D1 is coming around.

I haven't seen who SDSU has brought in this year.

Wrestling is a great sport but doesn't have a huge following on bisonville compared to football.....probably the same here. One thing that I have always wondered is why NDSU/SDSU do not recruit schools like Simley or Apple Valley more. Those 2 programs are perenially some of the best in the country and produce many very good wrestlers. Not all of those kids can go to U of M or Wisky or Nebraska. Gophers have taken some of the best ND kids in years past and if those guys would have gone to NDSU.....?? Same with the Storley kid from Webster (I think)....he went to the Gophs. I know that the Gophs are one of the best programs in the country and cannot blame a kid for going there but what if these kids stayed home??

I'm hoping the Bison can get an AA this year. Sprenkle and Monk have the potential and maybe Lehman.....

Do the Jacks have anyone with AA potential this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X