Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roster As It Stands Right Now... (July 21, 2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster As It Stands Right Now... (July 21, 2010)

so if I am looking at this right with known recruits this is where we are at... (Recruits have two possible class options because of potential red shirts if you are wondering why the ( ) after the year listed.) ...

Last edited by leeshajo; 07-21-2010, 03:25 PM.

Re: Roster As It Stands Right Now... (July 21, 2010)

Nice list leeshajo.

One correction though: Schuttloffel is a senior this year.

Comment

Will fix it, Thanks.
      Last edited by leeshajo; 07-21-2010, 03:25 PM. Reason: Fixed :)

Comment

Going with a "big" line up we could have 6'2" Lingle at center, 6'2" Sunnarborg (f) , 6'1" Dietel (f) , 6' Rotert (g) , & Macie in the drivers seat.Wouldn't be the best "fast break" team though.There's lots of different combinations of players to choose from to accomplish different objectives as the game is constantly changing as the game progresses.As the season progresses, we will see many different line ups of players ,looking forward to it.
        Oh,can't leave out 6'2" Waytashek,next yr will be adding more hieght....exciting times ahead for SDSU basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Going with a "big" line up we could have 6'2" Lingle at center, 6'2" Sunnarborg (f) , 6'1" Dietel (f) , 6' Rotert (g) , & Macie in the drivers seat.Wouldn't be the best "fast break" team though.There's lots of different combinations of players to choose from to accomplish different objectives as the game is constantly changing as the game progresses.As the season progresses, we will see many different line ups of players ,looking forward to it.
          Oh,can't leave out 6'2" Waytashek,next yr will be adding more hieght....exciting times ahead for SDSU basketball.
          I am hearing nothing but great things about this Waytashek girl. With this collection of bigs I think Katie Lingle is going to see very limited time. If I were a person of wager I would venture to say Waytashek will be in the starting line up soooooon. We will still be big with Jenny Sunnaborg (sp), Kietel, Rotert & Waytashek. The guard play outside of Macie will be very interesting. Jill, Kristin, Eidie, Steph, Boever, Hiser will all hopefully be a great mix.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            I am hearing nothing but great things about this Waytashek girl. With this collection of bigs I think Katie Lingle is going to see very limited time. If I were a person of wager I would venture to say Waytashek will be in the starting line up soooooon. We will still be big with Jenny Sunnaborg (sp), Kietel, Rotert & Waytashek. The guard play outside of Macie will be very interesting. Jill, Kristin, Eidie, Steph, Boever, Hiser will all hopefully be a great mix.

GBGBGJ
            Who is Kietel?

Dietel right. Or is this where our last scholly went?
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

GBGBGJ
              With Boever breaking her kneecap on top of her previous knee injury,she is almost a lock to redshirt.

Comment

I see us starting this way:

Starters =============Backups:

Sunnarborg ===========Lingel

Dietel=============== Waytashek

Schuttlofel=========== Eide

Rotert===============Young

Macie ===============Heiser/Paluch

I see the three Seniors starting at the beginning and Hannah Strop and Boever redshirting. This starting lineup is big but can run the court.

Puluch will make us a 11 woman rotation with two redshirts. Alot of players that can play multiple positions and lots of potential scorers but this team goes as far a Sunnarborg takes us from the inside out.

Comment

Jill had nine points in 17 min against Oklahoma, arguably our toughest opponent of the year.That impressed me,3-5 from 2 pt range.We seemed to have a hard time putting up points against Oklahoma ,57 for the game.Jill can score points,regardless of how good the opponent is it seems.She should see minutes this year you'd think, her junior year.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    With Boever breaking her kneecap on top of her previous knee injury,she is almost a lock to redshirt.
                    hmmm, hadn't heard that one. just curious, any details?

i pretty much had her down for a redshirt, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post

She tore her ACL during her senior year of high school. Then it was breifly noted in one of Terry's blog posts that she broke her knee cap this past spring but I can't remember how. In that same blog post AJ said at the time it was 50/50 that she would redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
                        I see us starting this way:

Starters =============Backups:

Sunnarborg ===========Lingel

Dietel=============== Waytashek

Schuttlofel=========== Eide

Rotert===============Young

Macie ===============Heiser/Paluch

I see the three Seniors starting at the beginning and Hannah Strop and Boever redshirting. This starting lineup is big but can run the court.

Puluch will make us a 11 woman rotation with two redshirts. Alot of players that can play multiple positions and lots of potential scorers but this team goes as far a Sunnarborg takes us from the inside out.
                        I would have to go as
                        STARTER ------------SUB
                        Sunnaborg-----------Dietel
                        Schuttlofel-----------Waytashek
                        Rotert----------------Eide
                        Young----------------Paluch
                        Macie----------------Heiser

Most of the experience will start and there is enough depth that the subs will be able to gain experience with the starters as the season goes on.

What I like to think about is the 3 guards with macie leading the charge but Rotert increasing her ability to drive and post and shooting should only help Young to be able to spot up for 3s more with out rushing her shot which seemed to happen a lot last year.

Maria last year had the touch and scoring ability down low but I feel Sunny and Schutt have more toughness that is always important to have.

Overall I Like our chances.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post

Welcome aboard krak-r! Great nickname!

Comment

Obviously, without seeing any of them on the floor this season, speculation is worth just what it costs. But it would not surprise me to see Megan Waytashek starting...and if not at first, soon. IMO also, Boever will definitely redshirt. I don't think we want, or need, a half-season out of her (at best) with our guard depth.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              She tore her ACL during her senior year of high school. Then it was breifly noted in one of Terry's blog posts that she broke her knee cap this past spring but I can't remember how. In that same blog post AJ said at the time it was 50/50 that she would redshirt.
                              guess i should have explained a little further---knew she had acl surgery---just didn't know she had busted up her knee cap. was just curious if it happened during rehab or some other unfortunate mishap. either way, wish her the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X