Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rnd 1: Oklahoma GDT

Originally posted by rocjunkie View Post
    Congratulations Jackrabbits and fans on a very successful season. How on earth your team was given a 14 seed in this tournament is beyond me. If Ga. Tech was given a 6 and Ark. Little Rock an 11, then you guys should have been given no worse than a 5 in my humble opinion.

I watched the Tech/Little Rock game live at the Loyd Noble before our game against the Jacks, and believe me the Jackrabbits were far and above a better team than either one of those two.

A great game between two excellent basketball programs. Glad South Dakota State University got the national recognition they so richley deserve. Your fans, Coach, and team left a great impression with me and I will be following them in the future from Oklahoma. The adjustments the Jacks made at half time were impressive. Always fun to watch a solid fundamentally sound basketball team like the Jackrabbits.

Good luck in the future and will enjoy your many trips to the NCAA tournament. Looks like it will be an annual event for your team and fans.
    Thanks again for the kind words. I do like to think our teams and fans leave a good impression on opposing teams and fans. I don't think we run any 'thugs' out there for opposing teams to hate and our fans are pretty behaved. Good luck again to OU.

As for the seeding, SDSU is the 'new-kid-on-the-block' so they aren't going to give us too much respect yet. Last year as the #13 team in the nation, we got a 7 seed. Maybe next year when SDSU makes it, the NCAA will give us some more respect with seeding.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Is it too early to get all amped up about next yr? Losing seniors will hurt like it alway's does,it took us a little longer this season to get things together after losig Jenn, Stacy, and Morgan ,but we did.Next yr our frosh will be veterans.Dietel looked real good, plus we'll be adding our highest rated recruit ever.Plus returning a real good group of upper classmen.Someone said Rotert will be a beast,Jill's shooting is alway's a threat to the opposition,did i mention Sunnorborg,she'll be a very good post, she did some good things in the tournement also.Plus adding another Boever to the line up ,provided her injury heals, and adding another player similar to Dietel, that being Strop.I just can't help but think we'll be a pretty darned good team again next season.Have to edit in Macie,she's improved every yr,a vital member of the team,hope i didn't fail to mention anyone either directly or by group, everyones important & each adds thier unique skills to the team.
      I will edit in Muck from that previous class! i would think that Gabby will redshirt if possible since we have Macie, Jill, Eide, Heiser, Pulch, and Vanessa. Anyway, we may want to start a thread for a 2010-11 in a couple of weeks. lol

Comment

Originally posted by rocjunkie View Post
        Congratulations Jackrabbits and fans on a very successful season. How on earth your team was given a 14 seed in this tournament is beyond me. If Ga. Tech was given a 6 and Ark. Little Rock an 11, then you guys should have been given no worse than a 5 in my humble opinion.

I watched the Tech/Little Rock game live at the Loyd Noble before our game against the Jacks, and believe me the Jackrabbits were far and above a better team than either one of those two.

A great game between two excellent basketball programs. Glad South Dakota State University got the national recognition they so richley deserve. Your fans, Coach, and team left a great impression with me and I will be following them in the future from Oklahoma. The adjustments the Jacks made at half time were impressive. Always fun to watch a solid fundamentally sound basketball team like the Jackrabbits.

Good luck in the future and will enjoy your many trips to the NCAA tournament. Looks like it will be an annual event for your team and fans.
        Oklahoma is a very quick, tall team that is well coached and performs well. I really enjoyed what was an fairly evenly matched game, that was fed to the NATIONAL audience, and was fairly reffed. Those refs let two good teams play. Didn't notice any calls that changed the dynamics of the game (unlike the Baylor game last year).

I hope that SDSU's performances against the top of the Big 12 teams will lead to these Big 12 schools to look to SDSU and the upper Summit teams as quality OOC games. It would be nice to see Summit schools as two of each of the Big 12's OOCs.

I loved that we had knowledgeable announcers that were reasonably even-handed in announcing the game, giving kudos to each team's player when they hit shoots.

Jacks needed a nearly perfect game to beat OU. In the first half, too many unforced errors, and not crisp passes. In 2nd half we had good shots and penetrations, and about 3 too many didn't fall through for the Jack. The Jacks were very good, but not the near perfect needed to get the W in the hostile environment at OU.

Thanks ROC for the kind words.

Thanks Ketty, Maria and Allison for the great leadership and performances accomplished over the last four years.

Thank you team, for another SUPER SEASON.

Comment

I, too, will be following the Jackrabbits in the future. Your guys made a fan out of me and it is always refreshing to watch fundamental team basketball. No way you guys should have been a 14 seed, but I guess the high seeds go to the "name" (see UNC). With what you guys are doing, you should change that pretty quick. Your coach is a keeper, hope SDSU holds onto him.

Thanks for the well-wishes! Hopefully the Sooners will make a dent in the tourney

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Is it too early to get all amped up about next yr? Losing seniors will hurt like it alway's does,it took us a little longer this season to get things together after losig Jenn, Stacy, and Morgan ,but we did.Next yr our frosh will be veterans.Dietel looked real good, plus we'll be adding our highest rated recruit ever.Plus returning a real good group of upper classmen.Someone said Rotert will be a beast,Jill's shooting is alway's a threat to the opposition,did i mention Sunnorborg,she'll be a very good post, she did some good things in the tournement also.Plus adding another Boever to the line up ,provided her injury heals, and adding another player similar to Dietel, that being Strop.I just can't help but think we'll be a pretty darned good team again next season.Have to edit in Macie,she's improved every yr,a vital member of the team,hope i didn't fail to mention anyone either directly or by group, everyones important & each adds thier unique skills to the team.
            In TV's article about Maria awhile back,Gabby told him that she could not play any basketball until October - if that is correct,there is no way she plays next season.

Comment

I thought Macie more than held her own considering the quickness advantage the OU point guard had. She also had 5 rebounds,which was second on the team.

Comment

Working...
              X