Travel Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Plans?

What is everyone's preliminary travel plans for the weekend. 3 or 4 of us are planning on leaving the SF area late Sat night...planning on getting to Norman around noon Sunday. Where is everyone staying?

Ticket info: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204909201
    Last edited by jacks1; 03-15-2010, 07:24 PM.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Travel Plans?

Leave Yankton early Saturday. Party at the hotel Saturday night. Pre-game festivities Sunday. Game on Sunday night. Have to head home Monday regardless of result. Hopefully pull 2 upsets and be in Kansas City on Saturday the 27th.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

...as of now, booked a two-bedroom suite for $80 at Best Western Norman Inn & Suites. Seems real close to Lloyd Noble Center and price was right.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I've got 2 suites reserved at the Country Inn and Suites and at the Holiday Inn. Need to find out where the team is staying and cancel one or the other.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Team is staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Norman. I'm going to stick with the Holiday Inn in Norman, suites with separate bedroom are critical when traveling with children and its located very near the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotels are located in an area with a shopping center.

http://www.visitnorman.com/vn-attractions-shopping.php

Robinson Crossing
          Unique restaurants, fast food, scuba & camping hobby shops, spirit shop and other great local digs. You’ll also find a 24-hour fitness center and dollar movie theater.
          Robinson and I-35

Comment

I think that there are some folks that may be getting a fan bus for the game much like last year. I haven't heard a ton of details yet..
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

There appears to be at least two fans buses headed south on Sunday.

From the Brookings Register Sports twitter feed:
              http://twitter.com/bkgsregsports
              Fan bus to the NCAA Tournament - bus leaves at 4:30 am Sunday. For more info, contact (605) 336-3339. Packages from $175 to $500

Comment

Good article in the AL in regards to SDSU fans heading ot OK.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...38/1002/sports

Can someone with an AL account put Mr. DaTruth in his place? If I remember correctly, according to Mick, he thought around 200 USD fans showed up in Omaha to watch their Men's team first ever post-season basketball tournament. He also went so far as to call their attendance and following a "potential problem" that needs to be addressed by the Athletic Dept. Omaha is what from Vermillion and SF...about 2, 2 1/2 hours???
                SDSU will have double if not triple that in Norman...11+ hours away.

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  Good article in the AL in regards to SDSU fans heading ot OK.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...38/1002/sports

Can someone with an AL account put Mr. DaTruth in his place? If I remember correctly, according to Mick, he thought around 200 USD fans showed up in Omaha to watch their Men's team first ever post-season basketball tournament. He also went so far as to call their attendance and following a "potential problem" that needs to be addressed by the Athletic Dept. Omaha is what from Vermillion and SF...about 2, 2 1/2 hours???
                  SDSU will have double if not triple that in Norman...11+ hours away.

Go Jacks!!
                  Please don't feed Trolls like DaTruth. Their only reason for breathing is to get a rise out of people.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

There is another fan bus that is leaving Saturday night at 11pm and will leave Oklahoma after the game and be home around 11am on Monday. There is still room on the bus, if anyone is interested you can call Kaycee @ 605-366-0745. The cost of it will only be around $45 if we can get the bus full. I believe right now it's a little over half full.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack.R.Abbits View Post
                      There is another fan bus that is leaving Saturday night at 11pm and will leave Oklahoma after the game and be home around 11am on Monday. There is still room on the bus, if anyone is interested you can call Kaycee @ 605-366-0745. The cost of it will only be around $45 if we can get the bus full. I believe right now it's a little over half full.
                      Nice first post JR!

Fill this bus folks! Jacks need a corner of Blue in that sea of Crimson & Creme!

Comment

My mom, a friend and I are leaving Dells about midnight Sat night....pull into Norman around 11:ish in the morning. Grab a bite to eat, maybe find the campus bookstore and catch a snooze at the hotel in the afternoon before heading to the pre-game rally. After that, hopefully stay 2 more nights

Comment

If you want to get to Norman, you'd better be on the road really, really soon if not already.

There's going to be big snowfall south of Kansas City starting late tonight--4 to 6 inches through Saturday evening along I-35 from KC to Wichita, and over six inches south of Wichita.

And people down that way don't have much experience driving in the snow, and there's not as much snow removal/sanding equipment down there.

Oklahoma City/Norman has a Winter Storm Warning out from 4 am Saturday through 7 pm Sunday:
                          URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
                          NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK
                          346 PM CDT FRI MAR 19 2010

...SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM BEARING DOWN ON THE SOUTHERN PLAINS...

A SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT OKLAHOMA
                          BEGINNING IN NORTHWEST OKLAHOMA BEGINNING OVER TONIGHT. MUCH
                          COLDER AIR IS BEGINNING TO MOVE INTO NORTHWESTERN OKLAHOMA... AND
                          WILL OVERSPREAD THE REST OF OKLAHOMA AND NORTHERN TEXAS OVERNIGHT.
                          A POWERFUL LATE-WINTER STORM SYSTEM WILL BRING SNOW AND BLOWING
                          SNOW TO MOST OF NORTHERN... CENTRAL... AND EASTERN OKLAHOMA...
                          BEGINNING IN NORTHWESTERN OKLAHOMA TONIGHT AND THEN SPREADING
                          SOUTHEAST TONIGHT AND SATURDAY. HEAVY SNOW... STRONG WINDS... AND
                          SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL LEAD TO BLIZZARD OR
                          NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS IN PORTIONS OF OKLAHOMA SATURDAY AND
                          SATURDAY NIGHT. SNOW WILL CONTINUE INTO SUNDAY. TRAVEL WILL
                          BECOME VERY DIFFICULT OR IMPOSSIBLE IN SOME AREAS THIS WEEKEND.
                          THIS IS A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS WINTER STORM SITUATION WHICH NEEDS
                          TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. PREPARATIONS FOR SEVERE WINTER WEATHER
                          SHOULD BE COMPLETED TONIGHT.

OKZ008-012-013-018>020-024>032-040>042-200500-
                          /O.CON.KOUN.WS.W.0004.100320T0900Z-100322T0000Z/
                          KAY-GARFIELD-NOBLE-KINGFISHER-LOGAN-PAYNE-CANADIAN-OKLAHOMA-
                          LINCOLN-GRADY-MCCLAIN-CLEVELAND-POTTAWATOMIE-SEMINOLE-HUGHES-
                          GARVIN-MURRAY-PONTOTOC-
                          INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PONCA CITY...ENID...PERRY...
                          KINGFISHER...GUTHRIE...STILLWATER...YUKON...EL RENO...MUSTANG...
                          OKLAHOMA CITY...CHANDLER...CHICKASHA...PURCELL...NORMAN...M OORE...
                          SHAWNEE...SEMINOLE...HOLDENVILLE...PAULS VALLEY...SULPHUR...ADA
                          346 PM CDT FRI MAR 19 2010

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SATURDAY TO
                          7 PM CDT SUNDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM SATURDAY TO
                          7 PM CDT SUNDAY.

* TIMING: EARLY SATURDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

* MAIN IMPACT: HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS GUSTING OVER 40 MPH
                          CREATING NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS. SNOWFALL OF 4 TO 8 INCHES IS
                          LIKELY OVER THE WARNING AREA WITH. LOCAL AMOUNTS OVER 8 INCHES
                          WILL BE POSSIBLE ACROSS PORTIONS OF THE WARNING AREA.

* OTHER IMPACTS: WIND CHILL TEMPERATURES WILL FALL INTO THE
                          TEENS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE
                          EXPECTED AS WELL AS STRONG WINDS CREATING NEAR-BLIZZARD
                          CONDITIONS.
                          It's going to get messy. Good luck and safe travels to everybody hitting the road from the thawing North to the frozen South this weekend . . .
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

...absolutely un-effing-believable. Don't know what we're doing now.

Comment

We are in Concordia, KS spending the night. Roads aren't good and will likely get worse. Not sure if we will be able to tavel tomorrow or not, doesn't sound good. We will see what tomorrow brings. Perhaps we can get a little further towards OK. We'll get to Norman by game time Sunday, I'm pretty certain of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X