Oakland GDT2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland GDT2

I know its been asked but assuming Oakland and SDSU both finish 14-4 and having split season series...how does tiebreaker shake out? I'd sure like to play on Sat and get a day off...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

As strange as it may sound, i think this team tries too hard.They play tight which causes them to try to hard instead of letting it come naturally.They start committing turnovers,which they let get in thier heads, which has a cascading effect on stupid fouls & turnovers.They should all take Yoga lessons in the off season & learn to play relaxed & confident.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        I know its been asked but assuming Oakland and SDSU both finish 14-4 and having split season series...how does tiebreaker shake out? I'd sure like to play on Sat and get a day off...
        Head to head scores if I remember correctly. We only won by 7 earlier in the year, so they win the tie-breaker.

Comment

Braved the eight inch snowfall to get to the game, kinda wish I stayed home. But me and the five year old daughter went. Jacks could not buy a bucket despite shooting around 50 per cent threes were around thirty five percent. OU shot about fifty percent from three land. Jacks played really tight and were more interested in passing the ball than shooting and that lead to twenty seven turnovers. Sat down by the bench behind Tyler M. so I could hear AJ. He was at his wits end to get these girls to do something right. On a good note, Kettys dad, Coach Falco's dad and brother were there and a couple of other Jacks fans. If it were'nt for the dance team, cheerleaders and band that place would have been empty. Doubt there were even five hundred there. Nelson, Jonathan Jones and a couple other mens players were there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
            Head to head scores if I remember correctly. We only won by 7 earlier in the year, so they win the tie-breaker.
            If that is the case we are most likely looking at a 3 seed. Oakland has one game left at home. If they win that and we win out we still would be a 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
              I don't think the conference uses comparative scores, just wins and losses.

If so, start rooting really hard for IPFW (yeah, I know, I hate 'em) because they've got one win vs. Oakland and play them again this weekend. We'd want IPFW to finish ahead of UMKC because Oakland has beaten UMKC twice and we only have one win.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

If so, start rooting really hard for IPFW (yeah, I know, I hate 'em) because they've got one win vs. Oakland and play them again this weekend. We'd want IPFW to finish ahead of UMKC because Oakland has beaten UMKC twice and we only have one win.
                Correct Filbert...only wins and losses against common opponents count - starting at the top of the conference rankings and going down.

So if my calculations are correct, we not only need IPFW to beat Oakland, but we also need UMKC to lose to both ORU (likely) and Centenary (not likely) this coming weekend so that they are tied for fourth (and IPFW would win their tiebreaker since they swept first place ORU). Then, since we swept IPFW and Oakland split with them, we would gain the second seed.

So in other words, it's likely we are the third seed and both our Men and Women will play on Sunday in Sioux Falls. That ought too make the league execs and sports authority real happy as both SDSU teams and both NDSU teams will not play until Sunday! Saturdays opening sessions attendance might be a little light...
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                  So if my calculations are correct, we not only need IPFW to beat Oakland, but we also need UMKC to lose to both ORU (likely) and Centenary (not likely) this coming weekend so that they are tied for fourth (and IPFW would win their tiebreaker since they swept first place ORU). Then, since we swept IPFW and Oakland split with them, we would gain the second seed.
                  If IPFW beats Oakland and we win out, we don't need any other help. We'd be 14-4 and Oakland would be 13-5.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    As strange as it may sound, i think this team tries too hard.They play tight which causes them to try to hard instead of letting it come naturally.They start committing turnovers,which they let get in thier heads, which has a cascading effect on stupid fouls & turnovers.They should all take Yoga lessons in the off season & learn to play relaxed & confident.
                    Sorry for almost throwing up in my mouth when i read you thought they try to hard, #1 is (IMO) lack of defense and #2 is TO....plain and simple when you play teams that have good or a good guard they go off on us....and are beating us off the dribble...which creates problems in the paint...that is the problem of having shooters that have slow feet.
                    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                    Muhammad Ali

Comment

Needed the win last night badly. It would have given us the momentum and confidence necessary to enter the tourney as a 2 seed, get Sunday off, make a run for the NCAA's. Now, the women and coaches have to come together and figure out what is going to give them the best chance to play better basketball the next 2 weeks. I they can't figure out that mean 40 minutes of defense and value in each possession they won't achieve the goal of a return trip to the NCAA's.

Tough loss, very damaging to SDSU's chances. Need to rebound, win out, hope Oakland lays an egg. If our women don't play on Saturday I'd say it is unlikely that I'll make it over to the arena for the women's session that day.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                        If IPFW beats Oakland and we win out, we don't need any other help. We'd be 14-4 and Oakland would be 13-5.
                        You are right...that gives us a little more hope. I didn't like our chances at all relying on Centenary to get a W.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

27 turnovers! That is pathetic.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

For some reason I've had it that way in my head all season. Can't believe that because I remember how complicated the men's side was last year and analyzing that.

I'll try one more time from memory:

Tie-Breakers:
                            1) Head to Head
                            2) Record vs. top seed (who has more wins vs. ORU)
                            3) Record vs. next seed and so on

Comment

For some reason when the girls play here at OU they just seem to have that deer in the headlight look. they had that what do I do look in their eyes. plus a lot of non calls on the OU girls by the refs and some bad calls on the Jacks. do these refs really know what travelling is?

Comment

Working...
                              X