Stretch run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stretch run

If the Jacks turn the ball over 33 times against USD they will still win. Sure, it might be competitive in the sense that they ladies only win by 9 or 10. If they hold onto the ball and play smart they win by 20.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Since the loss at UMKC this team has won 5 of the last 6 with an average margin of victory being just over 23 points.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        If the Jacks turn the ball over 33 times against USD they will still win. Sure, it might be competitive in the sense that they ladies only win by 9 or 10. If they hold onto the ball and play smart they win by 20.
        I agree SDJ. However, taking care of the ball will make it much easier task to put the Yotes in their place. If you look at the Jacks out of conf loses I don't see a USD on that schedule. Virginia, Iowa, Arizonza St, W. Kentucky, Utah, Ill St. There is no reason the Jacks should not bury the Yotes. Far, far to much fire power to be losing to that team. Put them away early - but don't let them hang around thinking they have a shot. I really like this team and they are certainly playing better.

I would like to see us use the bigs to help bring the ball up the court vs trying to dribble the ball into a double team.

Good win last night over a very athletic UMKC team.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          I would like to see us use the bigs to help bring the ball up the court vs trying to dribble the ball into a double team.GBGBGJ
          You could argue that we do use a post against full court pressure as they are the inbounders against full court pressure. THey are only used though if the point guard needs to give it up. If your point is to use a big in the middle of the floor against full court pressure then I would tend to agree. They could catch and hit a guard cutting up the court.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
            I agree SDJ. However, taking care of the ball will make it much easier task to put the Yotes in their place. If you look at the Jacks out of conf loses I don't see a USD on that schedule. Virginia, Iowa, Arizonza St, W. Kentucky, Utah, Ill St. There is no reason the Jacks should not bury the Yotes. Far, far to much fire power to be losing to that team. Put them away early - but don't let them hang around thinking they have a shot. I really like this team and they are certainly playing better.

I would like to see us use the bigs to help bring the ball up the court vs trying to dribble the ball into a double team.

Good win last night over a very athletic UMKC team.

GBGBGJ
            But...but USD almost beat North Carolina last year.....
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Macie is pretty good about varying her pace moving up court and continuing to move forward during full court pressure. She'll take a few quick steps some slow steps, etc., and almost never lets the defender bring her to a stop.

Problem is she's almost always shorter than the player guarding her. Some more height at the point guard spot would really help.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                But...but USD almost beat North Carolina last year.....
                Man, that's cruel. You can't take that game away from them.

Comment

^^

I think he was just saying they are still a Quality club not to be overlooked. As the UNC game is a example.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    ^^

I think he was just saying they are still a Quality club not to be overlooked. As the UNC game is a example.
                    I think it's better not to speculate on what other posters are trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      I think it's better not to speculate on what other posters are trying to say.
                      touche'

Comment

The road trip to IPFW and Oakland will be crucial to finishing the season tied for first.I think every game is important and no one should be overlooked,but these two games will be especially tough in that both teams are just one game behind,& will play thier hardest to keep in the hunt for a good seed in the tournement, where getting a good seed makes all the difference in how hard or how easy a three game tournement will be.They will be home games for them, so, just hoping the Jacks can mentally prepare themselves fpr two grueling road games.I'm confident that this team has found it's stride & will play thier absolute best game in both contest's.

Comment

So true. Both teams will know that a win over us will likely put them in a tie for 2nd. A sweep would be huge for us, especially if one of the them overlooks the Bison on the other end of the weekend. I have a hard time seeing either of those teams losing both games at home, though. But first we must put the Bison another game farther back in the standings.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Well, here it is. 2 weeks to go. On the road at IPFW and Oaklan. Two games we can and should win but both teams will defend their homecourt staunchly. Then a final game at homestand against IUPUI and WIU.

If we can't win at IPFW the game against Oakland is likely for the #2 seed. That would be a bit of pressure for this team.

So, we need to go into FW and beat them, take the pressure off a little bit for the Oakland game. Who knows, maybe NDSU will go in there and knock the griz off for us (highly unlikely).

I really think this team will do well in the tourney regardless of seed but I'd sure like to see a Jackrabbit game on Saturday in Sioux Falls.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X