Stretch run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretch run

Up to the minute standings. Jacks and Oakland have the best schedules with five of seven remaining Summit games at home.

ORU 9-2 @Oakland, @IPFW, IUPUI, WIU, Cent, @UMKC, @SUU
    UMKC 8-2 @SDSU, @NDSU, Oakland, IPFW, @WIU, @IUPUI, ORU, Cent.
    SDSU 8-3 UMKC, SUU, NDSU, @IPFW, @Oakland, IUPUI, WIU
    Oakland 8-3 ORU, Centenary, @UMKC, @SUU, NDSU, SDSU, IPFW
    IPFW 7-4 Cent, ORU, @SUU, @UMKC, SDSU, NDSU, @Oakland
    NDSU 6-5 SUU, UMKC, @SDSU, @ Oakland, @IFPW, WIU, IUPUI
    SUU 4-6 fighting for last seed
    WIU 3-8 fighting for last seed
    IUPUI 1-10
    Centenary 0-11
    Last edited by NoVaJack; 02-01-2010, 09:43 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Stretch run

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    Up to the minute standings. Jacks and Oakland have the best schedules with five of seven remaining Summit games at home.

ORU 9-2 @Oakland, @IPFW, IUPUI, WIU, Cent, @UMKC, @SUU
    UMKC 8-2 @SDSU, @NDSU, Oakland, IPFW, @WIU, @IUPUI, ORU, Cent.
    SDSU 8-3 UMKC, SUU, NDSU, @IPFW, @Oakland, IUPUI, WIU
    Oakland 8-3 ORU, Centenary, @UMKC, @SUU, NDSU, SDSU, IPFW
    IPFW 7-4 Cent, ORU, @SUU, @UMKC, SDSU, NDSU, @Oakland
    NDSU 6-5 SUU, UMKC, @SDSU, @ Oakland, @IFPW, WIU, IUPUI
    SUU 4-6 fighting for last seed
    WIU 3-8 fighting for last seed
    IUPUI 1-10
    Centenary 0-11

As this stands right now the Jack women would play NDSU in the first game of the Summit tournament by virtue of their win over Oakland. That scenario is also quite possible in the men's side, too. Gotta be giving league officials a little indigestion.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      As this stands right now the Jack women would play NDSU in the first game of the Summit tournament by virtue of their win over Oakland. That scenario is also quite possible in the men's side, too. Gotta be giving league officials a little indigestion.

there wasnt a lot of bison fans watching their women play in sioux falls last year, if i remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        there wasnt a lot of bison fans watching their women play in sioux falls last year, if i remember right.
        Yep. They were in town, too. Was not impressed by the 'typical' traveling Bison fan then.

-I- was there cheering on the Bison vs. Oakland, where were they?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

that is a little surprising, but maybe not in retrospect. Over on Bisonville women's basketball doesn't get much attention.

Comment

The NDSU women weren't expected to fare very well at the tourney last season, I'm sure that had something to do with the attendance by NDSU fans. I'd assume if they come in with a better record/seed this year there will be more people to watch them.

Hopefully the weather is better this too. If I remember correctly there was a winter storm right around tourney time last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              The NDSU women weren't expected to fare very well at the tourney last season, I'm sure that had something to do with the attendance by NDSU fans. I'd assume if they come in with a better record/seed this year there will be more people to watch them.

Hopefully the weather is better this too. If I remember correctly there was a winter storm right around tourney time last year.

the way this winter is going, getting 4 nice days in a row, in march ,would be WONDERFUL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post

The men were playing that night.

The women played Oakland in a matinee with SDSU vs. IUPUI, and the men played SUU (?) in the evening before SDSU played Oakland.

Dang near all the Bison fans that were in Sioux Falls for the men's game that evening were in Sioux Falls for the women's game. But a very large and very vocal contingent of Bison fans were -NOT- at that game.

And, like I said, I don't have much respect for those fans--certain of them very notorious--who chirp and cluck about the Bison all over the internet, but who couldn't be bothered to attend a game they in all likelihood had tickets for.

-----and missed an opportunity to see a Bison team that -overachieved- at the tournament (the men played TERRIBLE: they barely squeaked out of all three of their games)

Comment

One would think the SDSU women have a very good chance (and should)to win out (the regular season).

Save for maybe Oakland.

But, that's why they play the games.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    One would think the SDSU women have a very good chance (and should)to win out (the regular season).

Save for maybe Oakland.

But, that's why they play the games.
                    They need to cut down the turnovers alot before I would pick them to win out. I hate usd, but they have a shot at us if we dont start playing better basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                      I hate usd, but they have a shot at us if we dont start playing better basketball.
                      Oh ye of little faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Oh ye of little faith!
                        I dont mean to be negative. We have not been consistent or even close to it this year. I want us to win every game. I believe the talent is there, it is just inexperienced and not fully developed yet. Some nights we look great, and some nights we look green.

Comment

Oakland should not be a problem for the Jacks even at the O'Rena this year. The lack of height with Brittany Carnago out for the year really has hurt OU. If Jenni Sun has a good game again along with Maria it should be a win. What hurt at home was the Jacks losing concentration down the end and OU getting warmer than they were at the beginning. It won't be a blowout at OU but it will be a win.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                            I dont mean to be negative. We have not been consistent or even close to it this year. I want us to win every game. I believe the talent is there, it is just inexperienced and not fully developed yet. Some nights we look great, and some nights we look green.
                            The only way that USD beats us is if AJ decides to only play 4. And even then it would be a game.

Granted we haven't played well in some games, but the teams that have beaten the Jacks this year are all much, much better than the Yotes. And, even with the ladies' struggles, they have been in a majority of the games that they have lost (ORU not withstanding).
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              The only way that USD beats us is if AJ decides to only play 4. And even then it would be a game.

Granted we haven't played well in some games, but the teams that have beaten the Jacks this year are all much, much better than the Yotes. And, even with the ladies' struggles, they have been in a majority of the games that they have lost (ORU not withstanding).
                              Jacks will win, but it will be a crazy atmosphere and I think very competitive.

Comment

Working...
                              X