Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suu gdt

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Maybe this will be the women's "Cal Poly" game?
    How many times in past couple of years has the comment been made that if the men's team could only play like the women ? We're reaching a point where the opposite may almost be true.

Comment

I'll bet ORU and NDSU are more upset with thier teams than we are.We have to improve though,like to see a good game with nothing to complain about, who likes to complain all the time anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        ...like to see a good game with nothing to complain about, who likes to complain all the time anyway?
        On this very board last year many people were complaining about the slow starts we were having. Yes, even last year's season had some things happen that we all didn't like. So I doubt there will ever be a game where there is nothing to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          AJ was about as upset as I've ever heard him . . . "not a stinking one of them came out in the second half and did anything. . . " (referring to his own team).

And he wanted to use another word than "stinking."
          Yes AJ was not talking 1000 wpm as he usually does when things are going good, but he was frustrated and he did very politely explain his frustration. Yes this was an unique post game interview. Our ladies need to mature in leadership and show what they have to offer.

Comment

I got the feeling that his frustration come from the fact he knows how good they should be. His comment that they have taken years to build up a reputation and he is not going to let one year ruin that said a lot about the effort he has been seeing in practice and in games.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
              On this very board last year many people were complaining about the slow starts we were having. Yes, even last year's season had some things happen that we all didn't like. So I doubt there will ever be a game where there is nothing to complain about.
              I LOVE our Lady Jacks. Can we get better? Yes they can. Will they continue to improve? Yes they will. I know JJ and others on this board love them as well. Don't understand any complaining from anyone. These ladies played a brutal pre-conference schedule (#34) in the nation. Correct me if I am wrong but 4-1 in the conference puts us in a solid position at this time. With NDSU and OR losing last night really makes it interesting. Take care of business the balance of the season and we will be just fine.

I bet if you took a Coach's pole right now the Lady Jacks would still be the favorite to win the conference.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                I got the feeling that his frustration come from the fact he knows how good they should be. His comment that they have taken years to build up a reputation and he is not going to let one year ruin that said a lot about the effort he has been seeing in practice and in games.
                In TV's article today, it seems that it's not so much about effort given, as it is being consistent and focused. You can put in a lot of effort and go nowhere in a hurry ('if I spin the wheels even faster, surely I'll get out of this snow bank')

Comment

In TV's article today, it seems that it's not so much about effort given, as it is being consistent and focused. You can put in a lot of effort and go nowhere in a hurry ('if I spin the wheels even faster, surely I'll get out of this snow bank')
                  In my opinion zooropa, you have put it in the best words possible. What you posted makes sense to me. You hit the nail right on the head.

Comment

This team is too good to stay this (relatively) bad. The women will get things figured out and when they do............ it is going to be so much fun for all of us........................

Comment

I just hope the women realize you can't count on the opposition shooting 29.2% for the game,just not going to happen all the time.How much of that is due to the jacks defense, or just plain poor shooting?A win is a win,especially on the "hardest" road trip for the year,we have to play much better to beat UMKC though ,IMO The next five games are all against upper teams in the Summit,really good tests for the team.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-10-2010, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I know from past years AJ likes to play 9-10 girls. I don't think he can win this year doing this.

For instance, Maria leads in points, rebounds, steals and block shots and is playing only 25 minutes in a 40 minute game. Other teams are playing their big producers way more minutes. Not sure AJ can win by having the top statistic players riding the bench with so many minutes, while trying out inexperienced players that are not producing at this point of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamPlayer View Post
                          I know from past years AJ likes to play 9-10 girls. I don't think he can win this year doing this.

For instance, Maria leads in points, rebounds, steals and block shots and is playing only 25 minutes in a 40 minute game. Other teams are playing their big producers way more minutes. Not sure AJ can win by having the top statistic players riding the bench with so many minutes, while trying out inexperienced players that are not producing at this point of the season.
                          Maria has to stay out of foul trouble as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamPlayer View Post
                            Maria leads in points, rebounds, steals and block shots and is playing only 25 minutes in a 40 minute game.
                            The story was no different with Jenn last year. Led the team in everything and played even fewer minutes per game.

AJ doesn't need to change his strategy. The team needs to get things figured out.

Comment

Wonder if we need more of a post presence , Maria's ,as someone has pointed out already, not really a post player, but does a good job anyway when they can feed her the ball down low with a little bit of room to manuever ,but our bigger women don't get much playing time to develop thier game & gain confidence .The opposition knows Maria's our main go to person for the inside game & they all keep an eye on her all the time.Perhaps if there were two players in the game with some height, then it would be tougher to defense.It would slow us down in transition, but we havn't really been that good in trasition this year anyway,maybe it would reduce turnovers if we ran the floor a little slower so we wouldn't have to make perfect passes all the time , til our younger players get more experience anyway.

Comment

The story was no different with Jenn last year. Led the team in everything and played even fewer minutes per game.

AJ doesn't need to change his strategy. The team needs to get things figured out.
                                I agree. This team was recruited because they fit AJ's system. They are very young, and with that comes added pressure on the older gals that really haven't had to have that responsibilty.

A coach changing his system in the middle of the year could be seen as panic by the players and other teams. That would be very counter productive.

And, to be honest, the Jacks have never had a true "post." They do however always have a very athletic #5 that causes problems for other team's slower post.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X