• Show
Clear All

Re: Illinois State

64-71 birds timeout jacks

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
      just curious... Where is Ketty tonight?
      Ketty is a very solid player, but quite frankly there are games where she flat out disappears. We can't have that this year, not from a senior.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

64-73 birds 1:25 left not gaining any ground

Comment

66-75 birds

Comment

66-76 birds 0:43 left jacks foul again

Comment

Gonzaga = 27 TO's
              ASU = 22 TO's
              Ill St. = 25 TO's

We've played 3 very good teams and right now I'd say we're fortunate to be 1-2. That being said, the only game that truly matters is the Championship game of the Summit Tourney...but if we don't build our RPI with some solid non-conference wins say hello to a #15 seed.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                Gonzaga = 27 TO's
                ASU = 22 TO's
                Ill St. = 25 TO's

We've played 3 very good teams and right now I'd say we're fortunate to be 1-2. That being said, the only game that truly matters is the Championship game of the Summit Tourney...but if we don't build our RPI with some solid non-conference wins say hello to a #15 seed.

someone should check last year and see how many games we had 20 plus turnovers and how many games we had less FG attempts than opponent! We are usually the ones launching shots!

Comment

Gonzaga = 27 TO's
                  ASU = 22 TO's
                  Ill St. = 25 TO's

yes this is the time of year to build a case for a better seed in the tourny as our rpi will drop during confernce play.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                    yes this is the time of year to build a case for a better seed in the tourny as our rpi will drop during confernce play.

If you're turning the ball over 25 times a game and get handled on the boards like they were tonight you better not even be thinking about seeds, and certainly not in November.

Comment

• Re: Illinois State

[QUOTE=NoVaJack;135694]If you're turning the ball over 25 times a game and get handled on the boards like they were tonight you better not even be thinking about seeds, and certainly not in November.[/QUOTE

we are still way above any other team in the summit but winning these early games can help us avoid playing a top 25 team right off the bat.

Comment

Has there been a Ketty sighting yet? 15 minutes and 1 shot?
                        Call it a wild guess, but Ketty was averaging 9.5 ppg in two games as a starter and 0 ppg coming off of the bench. Dietel is averaging 7.0 ppg off of the bench and 1 ppg as a starter. I think it's a psyche thing. I remember reading a book on UConn women when a reporter followed their 2000-01 season. Geno Auriemma said something about players who "need" to start and perform better as a starter and players who come off of the bench and are happy doing so, waiting for their time to come. I don't know if that is the case here but sometimes the stats can be a telling story in their own. Perhaps Ketty will work harder in practice to earn her starting spot back?

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                          Call it a wild guess, but Ketty was averaging 9.5 ppg in two games as a starter and 0 ppg coming off of the bench. Dietel is averaging 7.0 ppg off of the bench and 1 ppg as a starter. I think it's a psyche thing. I remember reading a book on UConn women when a reporter followed their 2000-01 season. Geno Auriemma said something about players who "need" to start and perform better as a starter and players who come off of the bench and are happy doing so, waiting for their time to come. I don't know if that is the case here but sometimes the stats can be a telling story in their own. Perhaps Ketty will work harder in practice to earn her starting spot back?
                          I took the lineup changes as Jill for Ketty and Leah for Sunnarborg. Doesn't matter I guess. I have COMPLETE faith in Ketty as a player. She's going to be just fine. We can look at stats all we want right now but we've only played 3 games and we have a long way to go. Over time I have no doubt Ketty will be one of our main contributors. She's too good not to be.

Comment

It took years of playing together for last years team to tie the school record for victory's in a season, i don't think this years team should be expected to accomplish the same feat in thier first year playing together.They've got some things to work out,but before the end of the season comes around,i think they'll have figured things out and develop thier own team chemistry.They have very talented players, & when the team gets comfortable playing together, the wins will come.Right now i think they're trying to walk in last years teams footprints,&trying to make every play a big play, instead of every play becomming routine & business as usual.Then they can play more relaxed &confident & the turn overs will go way down.

Comment

Jackdaniel is right. Patience is key here. Look at how deep AJ went into the bench last night. Now imagine how much playing time the last four or five will get in some of our Summit League games. We're playing a bunch of true freshmen. Once they get some additional work, we'll go 12 or 13 (or more) deep. Talk about scary. Last year we played 10 most of the time. With all that depth, who will want to play us in the tournament, high seed or not?

This team has the potential to be as good as last year's team, or better, by the end of the year. We lost a bunch of senior leadership, but we gained even more depth. I'm excited to watch things develop.

I'm looking for our juniors and seniors to become stronger leaders. I'm looking for Macie and Jill to assert themselves a little more. And I'm anxious to watch our extremely talented freshmen and sophomores develop.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Last year at this point in the season turnovers were a big problem also but not this big. We were averaging around 20 per game. I think also in 2007 they were a problem also. But if it isnt this should be a wake up for the seniors to start to step up. Allison needs to start shooting instead of being defensive minded, Ketty needs to get more aggressive inside and drive. Maria is doing fine but needs to control the ball better inside. Spreading the offense out or putting two inside to take away the double team on the ball in the paint maybe might help with the turnovers inside maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X