Summit League Preseason Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Preseason Poll

We probably will not have a 1st teamer this year but we will lead in attendance, coach of the year and freshman of the year!

3 loses and 5 players on 2nd team!

Comment

SDSU's game plan of running the court doesn't work for Whitted. She didn't have good games against SDSU, with proof being the game she got T'd up for clubbing a SDSU player. But the rest of the league wasn't running up and down the court as much as the Jacks. Because of this, she was able to take her time down the court and rest more on defense and she put up better numbers against them. But I will also support the poster who said I wouldn't take her over any of our women. The Jacks are built for running.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
        SDSU's game plan of running the court doesn't work for Whitted. She didn't have good games against SDSU, with proof being the game she got T'd up for clubbing a SDSU player. But the rest of the league wasn't running up and down the court as much as the Jacks. Because of this, she was able to take her time down the court and rest more on defense and she put up better numbers against them. But I will also support the poster who said I wouldn't take her over any of our women. The Jacks are built for running.
        To continue with the Whitted conversation. If you look at her stats against most of the other schools in the conference, they are very good, thus justifiying the all-conference selection.

AJ totally takes her out of her game with the Jacks "bigs" coming out to the top of the key. Then Whitted will force IUPUI to play zone because she's not coming out of the paint and then here comes the barrage of 3's by the Jacks and good night. I've noticed the Jacks like to take it at her also with their "bigs" and get her in foul trouble, then her rebounding is taken out of the game.

Chazney Morris from UMKC is pretty electric, she must have no one else on that team if they are #6.

Comment

If the game tempo is fast enough, she'll never get more than 15' either side of the mid court line, she'll basically be a non factor & the whole game will be a 5 on 4 fast break.....haha j/k...or not?

Comment

She tended to get fairly generous treatment by the 'world class' refs that SDSU got at Frost & during the tournament last year, whenever the Jacks setup in halfcourt.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              There's a sense out there that we don't have great players, we have a great coach and a great system.

It's a crock, of course.

Let them have their first-teamers. I'll take conference titles, conference tourney championships, and NCAA trips. Maybe a few years from now, four or five NCAA trips down the road, the Summit media and SIDs will figure it out.
              We have the same type of players that rarely made it out of the old D-II regional finals. Those ladies of yesteryear were great too. However, AJ IS an OUTSTANDING COACH (third in coach of the year last year?), and Jacks run a baffling offense, but more so STIFLING D so that other teams don't have a prayer. Yes we're reaching a point where SDSU looks more attractive than say MN, or Purdue, but we keep going for that SAME TYPE OF PLAYER. Back in D-II days Jill or Kristen type players DIDN"T stay, because they couldn't dance here. Now they can.

Anyway you slice and dice up the Jacks team, AJ has molded them into a TEAM that will continue to drive opponents nuts.

THe only team that I've watch that is like the Jacks is the AZ St, who we play in the 2nd game of the season. Personally, it will be best to catch the Sun Devils early, as they're in a rebuild mold much more than Jacks.

Comment

If you look at the preseason teams and take them for what they are, not much. You see that it shows that over-all we have a soild team top to bottom. If you show one player on there your being seen as one dimentional. But if you have what we have your pretty scary. Who do we cover ? who do we double ? The Women's team as always been a over all soild team and has been our strength. You try to hold one side down the other side pops up.

You get the point.

I have always felt that in some of the bigger games of SD State we have been out coached not out played. Because we are not one dimentional.
                Last edited by DakotaKid; 10-24-2009, 11:18 AM. Reason: not real bright
                MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                http://gojacks.com

Comment

Working...
                X