• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camping Jacks

Great pics! Thanks Jeff!

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
      This would not be a problem if SturgisJeff would back away from his stubborn tendency to hotlink images. Hint for Mr. Sturgis: get an account at photobucket.com, load the images to your account, and post your pics from there. You have more control over the images that you post, you don't get the red X of failure, and you can sleep better at night with teh knowledge that you are not stealing the bandwidth paid for, sometimes so dearly, by the proprietors of other web sites.

That's simple enough.

Think maybe this information could have been dispensed with a little less attitude? Sturgis is a pretty good friend to all on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Think maybe this information could have been dispensed with a little less attitude? Sturgis is a pretty good friend to all on this site.

I meant nothing personal by it, and I don't think he took it that way, either. I maybe could/should have toned down a little, but I didn't - I'm sorry that you took it as being a little harsh.

Comment

I meant nothing personal by it, and I don't think he took it that way, either. I maybe could/should have toned down a little, but I didn't - I'm sorry that you took it as being a little harsh.
          I have no problem with what you wrote. Only instead of stubborness to hotlink it is more of a problem of ignorance on my part of how to move pictures around in the cyberworld. Sometimes a little spanking now and then is good.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            Sometimes a little spanking now and then is good.
            I didn't think this was that kind of board.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post

Ouch!*

*figuratively speaking, of course

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                I have no problem with what you wrote. Only instead of stubborness to hotlink it is more of a problem of ignorance on my part of how to move pictures around in the cyberworld. Sometimes a little spanking now and then is good.

Tutorial for uploading from hard drive to photobucket: [linky]

Tutorial for uploading from teh internets to photobucket: [linky]

Tutorial for posting a pic on a forum from photobucket: [linky]*

*What I do to post from photobucket:
                1. Wave arrow over picture to get box to appear below.
                2. Left Click inside the box labeled "IMG Code".
                3. Right Click the text inside the box that got highlighted.
                4. Copy the highlighted text inside the IMG Code box.
                5. Paste that coded text into the message that I want to post on the forum (here: wwwSDSUFanscom). It will still appear as code, and you will not yet see a picture.
                6. Hit Preview Post.
                7. If you like what you see, Submit Reply.**

**once you get used to it, you can post pictures in no time flat

Comment

Tutorial for uploading from hard drive to photobucket: [linky]

Tutorial for uploading from teh internets to photobucket: [linky]

Tutorial for posting a pic on a forum from photobucket: [linky]*

*What I do to post from photobucket:
                  1. Wave arrow over picture to get box to appear below.
                  2. Left Click inside the box labeled "IMG Code".
                  3. Right Click the text inside the box that got highlighted.
                  4. Copy the highlighted text inside the IMG Code box.
                  5. Paste that coded text into the message that I want to post on the forum (here: wwwSDSUFanscom). It will still appear as code, and you will not yet see a picture.
                  6. Hit Preview Post.
                  7. If you like what you see, Submit Reply.**

**once you get used to it, you can post pictures in no time flat
                  Thanks, good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                    I knew I should have added something to disclaim the spanking part so you guys with the dirty minds (just kidding) wouldn't take it the wrong way. Geez.

Comment

Working...
                    X