twitter anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twitter anyone?

Does anyone know if there's going to be a twitter entered for WBB. Or do we just have to use TV's for the comming season, i thought NDSU women's team started one, might be wrong on that though.

Re: twitter anyone?

I was wondering the exact same thing. The poll at gojacks.com is asking if you use a twitter account. And its like 80 % No and 20 % Yes. If "Yes" reached higher, I'd say the Athletic Department would maybe put together an user so that fans could follow them on twitter. Just a thought.

Comment

Maybe the coaches have the final say, don't know.Maybe the Athletic Dept. see's it as a liability, as some people may try to influence recruiting with it.I know i follow Sam Ostarello , to see how she will do next year in the big ten,so maybe it's up to each individual athletic program to allow or not allow.

Comment

This was a while ago, but the gojacks.com has a Twitter page and a Facebook page.

http://twitter.com/SDSU_Jacks

Facebook username: Jackrabbit Nation

Comment

Thanks,I'm on it already

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Does anyone know if there's going to be a twitter entered for WBB. Or do we just have to use TV's for the comming season, i thought NDSU women's team started one, might be wrong on that though.
            here it is. http://twitter.com/Coach_AJ

Comment

Originally posted by JackMan View Post
              The "glitter" of "twitter" is something to consider.......

Comment

If it rymes(sp) it's a sign of the times........

Comment

I didn't Twitter last year and I don't think TV did either. But I have a feeling that it's going to be huge this year and Jacks fans are going to love it. I know he was trying out a Crackberry video thingy where he could record a video and post it to Twitter just minutes after a game is over, or halftime or during the game, whenever. I would love to see a 3-5 minute rundlwn of the game and maybe even a postgame interview. State has a fulltime beatwriter and they should accomodate him as much as possible.

I honestly think it's the next big thing in sports coverage, especially for lower level teams like SDSU who don't get up-to-the-minute coverage on ESPN, Fox, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                    I didn't Twitter last year and I don't think TV did either. But I have a feeling that it's going to be huge this year and Jacks fans are going to love it. I know he was trying out a Crackberry video thingy where he could record a video and post it to Twitter just minutes after a game is over, or halftime or during the game, whenever. I would love to see a 3-5 minute rundlwn of the game and maybe even a postgame interview. State has a fulltime beatwriter and they should accomodate him as much as possible.

I honestly think it's the next big thing in sports coverage, especially for lower level teams like SDSU who don't get up-to-the-minute coverage on ESPN, Fox, etc.
                    State has more than just one beatwriter to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

here's a prediction:
                      In the '60s, it was, "don't trust anyone over 30."

In the 0-oughts, it's: "Don't join any social network your parents are on."

Twitter is already losing its glitter. Hacked twice in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                        State has more than just one beatwriter to the best of my knowledge.
                        Who is the other?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          here's a prediction:
                          In the '60s, it was, "don't trust anyone over 30."

In the 0-oughts, it's: "Don't join any social network your parents are on."

Twitter is already losing its glitter. Hacked twice in a week.
                          I'm telling you, give it a whirl this year, other than your pride what will it cost you? TV is all over it. If you haven't subscribed you're already missing out.

I wish TV himself would come on here and tell you what he has in store this year as far as Jacks coverage through Twitter......

I can see LIVE game updates from Tulsa, Fargo, Cedar City, Ft Wayne etc not to mention video feeds and you'll miss out simply b/c you didn't take 3 minutes to register. Not a bigee....just your loss....

Comment

I have signed up, and agree with NoVa

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

TV's Twitter is very informative. Gives large amounts of information not just about SDSU athletics, but about conference foes and out of conference opponents. And even some random stuff about him. Twitter hasn't hit the SDSU campus very hard because some students are so attached to Facebook, but I'm on it and I like more than I thought I would.

Comment

Working...
                              X