2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 recruit?

Until one of AJ's teams crashes and burns in a truly epic way, I trust the man. (And when that happens, I reserve the right to make my decision based on the circumstances of the disaster at hand.)

He's made far, far, FAR more good decisions than bad ones.

So, I trust his recruiting decisions, until such time as it's obvious that he's "lost it." It sure doesn't look like he's "lost it" yet.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Does anybody know Chloes AAU stats from this past summer? Because personally I dont even pay attention to high schools because the best teller of success is AAU stats. In high school teams can focus just on you whereas AAU you are surrounded by players as good as you and can truly show off your talent
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        Does anybody know Chloes AAU stats from this past summer? Because personally I dont even pay attention to high schools because the best teller of success is AAU stats. In high school teams can focus just on you whereas AAU you are surrounded by players as good as you and can truly show off your talent
        Good point, I don't know the stats but in visiting with those who knew she had verballed to SDSU, there was a concern that she isn't aggressive enough. Her jumpshot has always been questionable and I don't think that has improved much. She is a very hard worker, great defender and good ball handler so there is definitely potential there. She is not a scorer and I don't think she will ever become one.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Good point, I don't know the stats but in visiting with those who knew she had verballed to SDSU, there was a concern that she isn't aggressive enough. Her jumpshot has always been questionable and I don't think that has improved much. She is a very hard worker, great defender and good ball handler so there is definitely potential there. She is not a scorer and I don't think she will ever become one.
          In evaluating point guards,scoring ability would rank lower than the other traits you mentioned in my evaluation system. Other than Nate,most high scoring point guards often aren't very effective in making the rest of the team better,which to me is the best way to evaluate a true point . I will take a great defender and ball handler over a high scoring point guard every time.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            In evaluating point guards,scoring ability would rank lower than the other traits you mentioned in my evaluation system. Other than Nate,most high scoring point guards often aren't very effective in making the rest of the team better,which to me is the best way to evaluate a true point . I will take a great defender and ball handler over a high scoring point guard every time.
            I agree. In fact, I want my point guard focusing on 3 things, handling the ball and pressure, finding open players in the right position on the court, and shutting down the other teams best ball handler. With Chloe I think it comes down to confidence in what she knows she can do. She doesn't need to score 15 a game and take 12 shots. She needs to be efficient and protect the ball, she needs to get her teammates the ball in positions where they can score and she needs to play defense 100% all the time.

Now, I don't disagree with some of the criticism that she doesn't look to score enough at the high school level. I'm thinking more about her college career.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

To me,a good point guard distributes the ball,runs the offense,is a great ball handler, has good court vision, can hit the open player on the fast break.But,the most important thing to me though,is ,she must alway's be a threat to be able to drive to the hoop, if the defense starts to double up on the post players too much.Quickness is the best attribute for a good point guard,get to the hoop before they can react.Being a great shooter is just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                To me,a good point guard distributes the ball,runs the offense,is a great ball handler, has good court vision, can hit the open player on the fast break.But,the most important thing to me though,is ,she must alway's be a threat to be able to drive to the hoop, if the defense starts to double up on the post players too much.Quickness is the best attribute for a good point guard,get to the hoop before they can react.Being a great shooter is just a bonus.
                The driving to the hoop part is the most glaring weakness for Chloe right now. She has an advantage in quickness and agility with almost every match-up, she just isn't being aggressive enough. I think that can be coached.

Comment

Here is a little Q & A with Jessica Hart.

Link here
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackshirt Jack View Post
                    She has an offer from USD but is holding out and wants DI Catholic school. She is likely the best pure scorer in the 2012 class in SD and can compete with anyone. I can only guess speed and quickness is not there for the upper echelon of DI. She is getting plenty of looks this summer from many DI coaches.....so no excuse if nothing more develops. SDSU has not offered.
                    Caitlin Duffy will be playing for the Colorado State Rams,Becky Hammons Alma Mater.Will be intresting to see how she does at the next level.Good luck Caitlin ,finish out your hs playing days with much success and enjoy your college experience playing for the Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Caitlin Duffy will be playing for the Colorado State Rams,Becky Hammons Alma Mater.Will be intresting to see how she does at the next level.Good luck Caitlin ,finish out your hs playing days with much success and enjoy your college experience playing for the Rams.
                      Not gonna lie, this one doesn't really make sense. Caitlin had the grades academically and the "fit" that SDSU looks for: a player that can play strong D, a long tall guard, and plays in a running system. She is averaging 34 points per game on the season so far. However, as they say, everything happens for a reason so good luck to Caitlin and we will have to go with what we got in the future!

Comment

i try to follow all the SD women who don't play for SDSU at the Div 1 level.Wollschlager at Drake,Wall at UND, Plucker at NDSU, Long at Lamar(ND), Ostarello at Purdue,now Duffy at Colorado State.

Comment

Looks like we have picked up a new Jackrabbit - reading between the lines of AJ's tweets. Speculating that it may be for next year, maybe a JUCO PG? This could end up belonging in the 2013 or 2014 thread.

Comment

so you saw the "Its a great day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet also... Seems like every time he sends that out we get a recruit!
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Believe spring signing window begins April 11 for men and women, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                so you saw the "Its a great day to be a Jackrabbit" tweet also... Seems like every time he sends that out we get a recruit!
                                Things have been deathly quiet during the last 3 weeks. Does this mean this tweet was about a 2013 or later player ? Either nothing more is going on for 2012,or AJ is a master at keeping visits and interest under the radar.

Comment

Working...
                                X