2012 recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 recruit?

She seems pretty athletic.Six ft two and can shoot the three.She can play,lots of upside with this girl.

Comment

Anyone know if Caitlin Duffy,SR to be this fall from St Thomas More getting interest from any colleges? This is the second tournament in a row she's been the leading scorer .(75 pts in four games,18.75 ppg in the Miss Basketball Minn Showcase and 107 pts ,21.4 ppg in five games at the Miss Basketball Dakota Showcase,she scored 31 in one game)She seems to be a scoring machine,All-State stats for the year at 56% fg shooting,with 55% of her 3 pt.'ers made,while shooting 82.5 % from the line.5'11 " Forward.The Dakota Heat play in the North Tartan Meltdown 22-24 july and Gymrats Summer Showcase July 30-31,will be interesting to see if she can continue to scorch the nets....hope i didn't jinx her.

Comment

According to Terry a couple of players who were Wisconsin committsfor 2012 and on SDSU's radar are back on the market after the coaching change. New coach is from Stanford and clearly looking for different type player. I wonder status of AnnMarie Brown from St Peter who would be an incoming freshman and was injured in her senior season. http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...1-dddae3a8285e

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Anyone know if Caitlin Duffy,SR to be this fall from St Thomas More getting interest from any colleges? This is the second tournament in a row she's been the leading scorer .(75 pts in four games,18.75 ppg in the Miss Basketball Minn Showcase and 107 pts ,21.4 ppg in five games at the Miss Basketball Dakota Showcase,she scored 31 in one game)She seems to be a scoring machine,All-State stats for the year at 56% fg shooting,with 55% of her 3 pt.'ers made,while shooting 82.5 % from the line.5'11 " Forward.The Dakota Heat play in the North Tartan Meltdown 22-24 july and Gymrats Summer Showcase July 30-31,will be interesting to see if she can continue to scorch the nets....hope i didn't jinx her.
          She has an offer from USD but is holding out and wants DI Catholic school. She is likely the best pure scorer in the 2012 class in SD and can compete with anyone. I can only guess speed and quickness is not there for the upper echelon of DI. She is getting plenty of looks this summer from many DI coaches.....so no excuse if nothing more develops. SDSU has not offered.

Comment

According to TV's twitter Jessica Hart from Eagan, MN committed to the Jacks. GPreps has her ranked 40th in the class of 2012. http://gprep.net/200rankings.html
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              According to TV's twitter Jessica Hart from Eagan, MN committed to the Jacks. GPreps has her ranked 40th in the class of 2012. http://gprep.net/200rankings.html
              Big welcome to Jessica on wanting to become a Jackrabbit.She seems like an all around player.She avg's 16.2 ppg,8.4 rebounds ,3.4 assists, and 2.1 steals.I figure that h.s. recruits will avg about 1/2 the ppg as college players that they've averaged as a HS player.Some do better, some worse, but i like that she can score, rebound , assist and steal.Now, if she doesn't turn the ball over.....j/k,hope to see her play in fall of 2012.Have a good finish to your HS career,and good luck as a Jackrabbit,I'm sure she'll be a welcome addition and help the team achieve great things for the future.GB,GB,GJ !

Comment

Visiting with AJ the other day, he said Hart is a 2 guard, for those who questioned where she would probably fit in.

Comment

According to TVs twitter: The paperwork is in:The SDSU women's basketbal team has signed guards Chloe Cornemann (Yankton) and Jess Hart (Eagan, Minn.)
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    According to TVs twitter: The paperwork is in:The SDSU women's basketbal team has signed guards Chloe Cornemann (Yankton) and Jess Hart (Eagan, Minn.)
                    Chloe will really need to increase her aggressiveness and assert herself for Yankton to be as successful as they could be this year and in order to convince most of us that this was a good signing. She certainly has the ability and I thought the attitude but I'm starting to question the latter a bit.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I've never seen Chloe play, but her stats certainly don't blow anyone away. 6.2 pts, 3.5 reb, 2.7 ast.

Going to have to trust the coach and the pedigree that Chloe will be a good signing for the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                        I've never seen Chloe play, but her stats certainly don't blow anyone away. 6.2 pts, 3.5 reb, 2.7 ast.

Going to have to trust the coach and the pedigree that Chloe will be a good signing for the Jacks.
                        I was under the impression she was a little faster of of a player, maybe in the lines of Alison anderson. get some quickness on the bench maybe. I could be very wrong though.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Coach has good record for recruiting, but both of these players seem a bit of a reach.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            Coach has good record for recruiting, but both of these players seem a bit of a reach.
                            Katie Lingle looked to be a bit of a reach a couple years ago, but could very well be the best of that recruiting class.

Comment

I trust the coaching staff after they have proved year after year to put together winning teams. I just wish we could go back to how we almost ran the table in the cofrnce when we first joined. I think they know how to put together a team so I am not worried that on paper they don't look as good as others. Waytashek was highly recruited and with the knee injury aside has not really done a lot. Lingle was a bit of a reach and could easily been the team mvp last year. If you have players who commit themselves to being the best I am sure we will not be disapointed with this class.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

In general fans are quick to anoint someone as the next great player, or to say someone may not make a big impact. Its good discussion material on message boards though. I'll let it all play out first. I'm with goon...I'll trust the coaching staff because they know what they need and how to put a team together. WELCOME TO OUR TWO NEWEST JACKRABBITS!

Comment

Working...
                                X