Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charter Bus or Charter Flight?

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
    Honestly, could the committee have put us in a harder place to get to?
    The answer? No.

Host Cities:

Albequerque, New Mexico
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Columbus, Ohio
    Duluth, Georgia
    Los Angeles, California
    Piscataway, New Jersey
    San Diego, California
    Seattle, Washington
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    College Park, Maryland
    East Lansing, Michigan
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Notre Dame, Indiana
    Storrs, Connecticut

and

Lubbock, Texas.

Bowling Green, Kentucky & Chattanooga, Tennessee would be about the only other locations similarly 'out-there'.

All the more reason to bid on an NCAA regional for Sioux Falls, SD!

Comment

Oh, for goodness sakes, just get in your cars and drive! It is not that bad of a drive and I have personally done it with three screaming kids and a dog. Quit whining about where it is and just be happy we are in it!

And, there is plenty reason to stay in Lubbock for awhile, like blue sky, no snow and 80 degree weather.

Comment

Originally posted by microgirl View Post
        Oh, for goodness sakes, just get in your cars and drive! It is not that bad of a drive and I have personally done it with three screaming kids and a dog. Quit whining about where it is and just be happy we are in it!

And, there is plenty reason to stay in Lubbock for awhile, like blue sky, no snow and 80 degree weather.
        I'm getting that here in Nebraska Ok maybe not the 80's part but 60s and 70s aren't bad. Would love to come down and watch the games but can't. Too much training next week.

Comment

Ok here is the email I got back from the bus company I talked to this morning... before the hotel, gratuity parking it is $143 per person... so figure with everything else it would be around $200 per person. She also said we would need to have everything set up and done by 4 thursday to get this rate. Hotel rates look like they are about 70 - 100 per night.. who knows what is available at this point...

I looked at the route and it looks like we would be going through sioux city, omaha, kansas city... so fans along those areas would be able to jump on there... do I keep in contact with her or not?

her email.....

I have 2 coaches that would be available for you, leaving from Sioux Falls, SD to Lubbock, TX at a cost of $7,970 per coach! This is based on a 56 passenger deluxe motor coach and includes the cost of the bus, drivers and fuel. Additional fees include any tolls, parking fees and the driver’s hotel accommodations. Gratuity is also customary at 5-10%. You can put 2 drivers in the same room, but they must have separate beds. Depending on the number of coaches you choose to book, you will have 2 drivers per bus. Based on 50 passengers, per person cost will be less than $200!!

Coaches come equipped with TVs/VCR/DVD, Reclining bucket seats, Personal climate control, overhead compartments, PA system, Lavatory, and an Undercarriage for luggage.

As you can appreciate, availability varies on a daily basis. It’d be in your best interest to reserve an option as soon as possible. To move forward, please contact me to verify the details and confirm your option. You may reach me at 866.428.7226 x6186 or simply by responding to this email.

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

All the best,
          Ali

Ali Cutler
          Senior Account Executive
          The BusBank
          The easy way to charter a bus - anywhere in North America!
          200 West Adams, Suite 1100
          Chicago, IL 60606
          866-428-7226 x6186
          312-476-6186 Direct
          acutler@busbank.com <mailto:acutler@busbank.com>

Comment

I know plenty of people here in Boise who took bus charters to the Holiday Bowl in San Diego in December. It was about 1,000 miles in a bus, but someone else does the driving and they left in the evening so the pax could sleep for most of the trip. Grab your iPod, noise-cancelling headphones, and some Benadryl and take the trip!

Comment

WNAX with some assistance from the SDSU athletic department, is offering a bus trip at $379 per person, which INCLUDES round-trip and four nights motel rooms (double occupancy I assume). Leaving from Brookings early (not sure of time) on Saturday morning and driving most if not all the way to Lubbock on Saturday. That's a GREAT price...the kicker is (I think for a lot of people) that it is a 5-day, 4-night trip, regardless of whether the Jacks win Sunday night. So if they should (they won't) lose, the group will stay in Lubbock until Wednesday morning, driving all the way back on Wednesday. As I understand it, the bus will leave from Brookings, but pick people on the way (and drop off), going down to Kansas City.

Steve at WNAX is the contact person.

Comment

Leeshajo
                earlier you were talking about a chartered plane leaving after the game on monday or wednesday depending on if we win. give me some more details about where you found this information. did you find out anything else that would be beneficial. im still looking for a way to be back wednesday morning to work.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit_fan View Post
                  Leeshajo
                  earlier you were talking about a chartered plane leaving after the game on monday or wednesday depending on if we win. give me some more details about where you found this information. did you find out anything else that would be beneficial. im still looking for a way to be back wednesday morning to work.
                  I just went out and did a search on companies that charter planes... I talked to one of their representatives about if it would be possible to get a plane from Sioux Falls to Lubbock and what the cost would be.. it was very high... I was just reporting back what I found out... sorry it wasnt any more than that.

Comment

Working...
                  X