Charter Bus or Charter Flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charter Bus or Charter Flight?

Has anyone heard of any charter bus or charter flight being organized for the trip to Lubbock, TX?

Re: Charter Bus or Charter Flight?

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2005 View Post
    Has anyone heard of any charter bus or charter flight being organized for the trip to Lubbock, TX?
    I have not but we are working on one. Should know more tomorrow. It would be a 6 seat plane and I'm guessing we'll fill 4 of the seats, could be 1 or 2 seats left. I won't have any info about cost or dates until tomorrow morning sometime.

I talked to the alumni association and the guys from the AD at the Summit tourney and they had no planes for a bus or plane but that could change, I suppose.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

i hope a charter plane gets organized. that would be so helpful instead of driving. i need to get back tuesday night/wednesday morning, missing 3 days of work is not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit_fan View Post
        i hope a charter plane gets organized. that would be so helpful instead of driving. i need to get back tuesday night/wednesday morning, missing 3 days of work is not possible.
        Same boat. I looked into charter flights. I can get one for Sunday, leave in AM return right after game. About 4 hours each way. Cost is $5000 for a 5 seat plane or $8000 for a 7 seat plane. I'm not prepared to spend that kind of money for one game.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

My husband and I are SDSU alums living in Lubbock, TX. Lubbock has a nice airport that is serviced by American, Southwest, and now Delta. There are several flights everyday on Southwest from Dallas. I don't know about availability but there are options for flying to Lubbock. If you can get a flight your best bet is driving to Omaha and flying Southwest to Lubbock (through Dallas/Love).

Also, the Animal and Food Science department has a big pavillion that imay be available for pregame. It is right across the street from the United Spirit Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by microgirl View Post
            My husband and I are SDSU alums living in Lubbock, TX. Lubbock has a nice airport that is serviced by American, Southwest, and now Delta. There are several flights everyday on Southwest from Dallas. I don't know about availability but there are options for flying to Lubbock. If you can get a flight your best bet is driving to Omaha and flying Southwest to Lubbock (through Dallas/Love).

Also, the Animal and Food Science department has a big pavillion that imay be available for pregame. It is right across the street from the United Spirit Arena.
            Omaha to Lubbock on Southwest is not available on Saturday or Sunday when checking online. Maybe a phone call is the way to go.

I got a tip from one of the USD fans who suggested Frontier to Denver and the Southwest to Lubbock, several options are available that might work. I just don't think I can rearrange my schedule to miss work Mon-Wed. I'll try.

Would Southwest to Dallas and then to Lubbock work? Not sure.

Comment

Its looking pretty good for flight times from Omaha to Dallas then Dallas to Lubbock on Saturday or Sunday with a return on Wednesday. Just gotta get an idea about price now.

Comment

Any word on having a chartered bus? There was a bus to go to Wyoming 2 years ago I would think there would be interest in taking one to Lubbock.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Its looking pretty good for flight times from Omaha to Dallas then Dallas to Lubbock on Saturday or Sunday with a return on Wednesday. Just gotta get an idea about price now.
                  Scratch that, minimal availability today for Sat/Sun flights from Dallas to Lubbock. I think I found something on Hotwire for $500. Out of Omaha on Saturday 1 pm and into Lubbock at 11 pm (9 hour, yeah). Return Wed 6:30 am into Omaha at 10:30 am.

Comment

ok, I just talked with a customer service rep for a company called airplanning.com they could do a jet from Sioux Falls to Lubbock direct Sat afternoon and return at midnight Sunday or Tuesday evening depending on the games... but here is the kicker... it would be 150 person jet... at a minimum of 600 per seat ... that is just beyond my range (not to mention I have to drive down that way latter in the week anyway.... but) it is one option.

I will contact a few more to see what I find... but I expect it to be similar results...

Has anyone talked to Allegiant? since they fly out of Sioux Falls anyway it might be cheeper through them... but it might be better to go talk to them in person... not sure.

What about the SDSU alumni or athletic departments...are they organizing anything? They might have more pull to get cheeper charters.

Comment

I just called the ticket office and they are looking into a bus trip. Hopefully they would have more info in an hour. Anyone hear if WNAX might be planning a bus trip?

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                        I just called the ticket office and they are looking into a bus trip. Hopefully they would have more info in an hour. Anyone hear if WNAX might be planning a bus trip?
                        Haven't heard anything from WNAX. When I spoke to Matt F. last week he said the alumni association had not travel plans and weren't going to make any. When I spoke to Burgers he said the Athletic Dept would not have any charter planned.

Comment

When I talked to Steve over at WNAX earlier in the month he said that it would be unlikely they would pull together a tour just because of the short turn around time... I will give him a call again.

I called a bus charter company to price what that would cost..and to charter a 50 person bus leaving at 5 am saturday from Sioux Falls would run about 200 per person, .. if we left at 5 am Monday,

when the girls win and we play Tuesday it would add about 50 per person and would leave at 5am wed for the return trip.. they would be willing to leave after the game but we would have to sign a waiver saying that we did not hold them responsible for any accidents as most bus accidents I guess happen at night.

Comment

As of right now I'm planning to drive to Edmund, OK on Saturday and stay with friends. Head to Lubbock Sunday for the game. We win, I stay in Lubbock for Tuesday. Head part of the way home right after the game, rest of the way on Wednesday.

I figure I can check on more flight options this week and keep my ear open for a charter bus/flight option.

I did find a ticket for under $500 on Hotwire but I'm not sure I want to stay in Lubbock if we lose Sunday.

Getting stuck in Lubbock is just not a good thing, not a good thing at all.

Comment

Honestly, could the committee have put us in a harder place to get to?

Comment

Working...
                              X