Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USA Today cover story on Jacks

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Also a great kid from a great family who wanted to be a Jackrabbit like his dad. It didn't work out for us in the end and he had a great career at USD. We'll never know what could have been had he accepted a scholarship offer from SDSU but I can't help but think he would have been just as good an addition. I'm pretty certain we would have picked up an extra 500-1000 fans from the DeSmet area. Best of luck to both of them, although I doubt they'll need any luck.
    So does this mean Stig's got first dibs on any boys they have?

Comment

Just picked up USAtoday in the lobby of a hotel in Phoenix, very proud to be an alumn today.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Also a great kid from a great family who wanted to be a Jackrabbit like his dad. It didn't work out for us in the end and he had a great career at USD. We'll never know what could have been had he accepted a scholarship offer from SDSU but I can't help but think he would have been just as good an addition. I'm pretty certain we would have picked up an extra 500-1000 fans from the DeSmet area. Best of luck to both of them, although I doubt they'll need any luck.
        Thought USD grads went on to become great people not farmers...I know I know no Smack here but you know who might be reading. Great job Jenn and wish you and the future hubby a long prosperous life together, and raise a bunch of football playing, basketball shooting little Jackrabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          I know I know no Smack here but you know who might be reading.
          Voldemort?
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just thought I would post that another well read blog picked up on the USA Today Story and is Passing it along to their readers.... (This is one I visit everyday because it has a ton of great links to WBB stories)

http://womenshoops.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
              Just thought I would post that another well read blog picked up on the USA Today Story and is Passing it along to their readers.... (This is one I visit everyday because it has a ton of great links to WBB stories)

http://womenshoops.blogspot.com/
              Yep, I've been waiting myself for WHB (as they call it) to pick it up . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                Does anyone remember the argument against going D-1 that revolved around the small town kids wouldn't get a chance to play at State?

The cool thing is that almost the opposite has proven true.
                BINGO! But remember, USD is "South Dakota's team" HA!

What a great story. Makes me proud to be from here and raising my kids here.

Comment

Working...
                X