Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Johnston

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
    Personally speaking, I think if you keep Coach AJ (as you call him) that's awesome. That's a great story with an awesome byline.
    I call him AJ because he asked me to call him that. Don't act like I'm trying to make you out to be a pariah, I answered your question the way I wanted to. Perhaps you'll want to ask questions and then give us a clue as to what an acceptable answer might be.

Why do you care if I choose not to cheer for the Coyotes? Am I over on some Coyote fan board posting patronizing topics and then being critical of the replies?

As for the contingent of Coyotes fans, I hope you do attend the Summit league tourney and support all of the athletes. I, for one, am not a person who has this mentality that whats good for someone else in South Dakota is good for everybody in South Dakota. What the heck is that suppose to mean anyways?

If you would have been there when the Coyote fans were yelling what they yelled at AJ and our players in Vermillion I hope you would be even more offended than I was and I suspect you would still have reservations about ever returning to that environment.

Despite the way I feel, AJ asked me to support the Summit League as USD enters. He personally asked me to forget the past and asked me to help other SDSU fans look forward as opposed to the past. I'll try, if AJ can forgive the behavior that occurred and the Summit League can assure me that nothing similar will ever happen again then I'll work on supporting the entry of USD. Will I ever cheer for the Coyotes? I guess you should never say never.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My daughter is four years old right now and I would love to have her play basketball at South Dakota State Univ when she goes to college and I would especially love it if she played for AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I call him AJ because he asked me to call him that. Don't act like I'm trying to make you out to be a pariah, I answered your question the way I wanted to. Perhaps you'll want to ask questions and then give us a clue as to what an acceptable answer might be.

Why do you care if I choose not to cheer for the Coyotes? Am I over on some Coyote fan board posting patronizing topics and then being critical of the replies?

As for the contingent of Coyotes fans, I hope you do attend the Summit league tourney and support all of the athletes. I, for one, am not a person who has this mentality that whats good for someone else in South Dakota is good for everybody in South Dakota. What the heck is that suppose to mean anyways?

If you would have been there when the Coyote fans were yelling what they yelled at AJ and our players in Vermillion I hope you would be even more offended than I was and I suspect you would still have reservations about ever returning to that environment.

Despite the way I feel, AJ asked me to support the Summit League as USD enters. He personally asked me to forget the past and asked me to help other SDSU fans look forward as opposed to the past. I'll try, if AJ can forgive the behavior that occurred and the Summit League can assure me that nothing similar will ever happen again then I'll work on supporting the entry of USD. Will I ever cheer for the Coyotes? I guess you should never say never.
        If you say it's ok to join the Summit, then the good lord knows we are happy to be part of it.

Doc, you and I are like oil and water....we don't mix.

I'm sorry for whatever happened at USD, assuming it did happen. But don't you for one freakin second pretend fan behavior at SDSU is exemplary 100% of the time.

Your fans on here I have come to appreciate. They are good fans.

As far as what is good for SDSU womens basketball being good for South Dakota, I stand by that. That's what I mean. Don't talk down to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          My daughter is four years old right now and I would love to have her play basketball at South Dakota State Univ when she goes to college and I would especially love it if she played for AJ.
          I agree. I am assuming he is the good person that many of you have said he is. That's great. My thread was not started to stir anything, I simply looked at his bio and thought to myself..."this guy is a good candidate"

I understand the logic of he is happy, runs his own show, etc. My daughters played college sports and I wish they could have played for a guy like AJ. I am just saying if you want to keep him, take care of him. And from what I hear, I think you will.

Comment

I'm sorry for whatever happened at USD, assuming it did happen.
            Oh, it happened. AJ and I talked about it Saturday night. He is willing to forgive and forget, I'll try as well.

As for talking down to you, that is your perception just as my perception is that you started this topic intending to stimulate a response, not as a point of congratulations or respect. So, taking some sort of victim's approach with respect to my willingness to call you out doesn't float with me. Others can decide for themselves.

Let me ask you this, why would you even assume that we would need to "take care of him"? Are we not doing that now?

As for you and I not mixing, I'm not willing to give up on that. We can disagree all we want on topics as they pertain to SDSU vs USD. That doesn't mean I wouldn't trust you in a professional or personal setting. We just aren't going to see eye-to-eye as it pertains to Jackrabbit/Coyote relations. I'm okay with that and won't take it any further than that.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Oh, it happened. AJ and I talked about it Saturday night. He is willing to forgive and forget, I'll try as well.

As for talking down to you, that is your perception just as my perception is that you started this topic intending to stimulate a response, not as a point of congratulations or respect. So, taking some sort of victim's approach with respect to my willingness to call you out doesn't float with me. Others can decide for themselves.

Let me ask you this, why would you even assume that we would need to "take care of him"? Are we not doing that now?

As for you and I not mixing, I'm not willing to give up on that. We can disagree all we want on topics as they pertain to SDSU vs USD. That doesn't mean I wouldn't trust you in a professional or personal setting. We just aren't going to see eye-to-eye as it pertains to Jackrabbit/Coyote relations. I'm okay with that and won't take it any further than that.
              I started the thread to ask. And I have congratulated your teams and do respect what they have done. As far as the comment about taking care of him, that was a comment made in general, not assuming you aren't.

Regarding the behavior at USD, I have been there and seen less than exemplary behavior. So, am I now supposed to say your entire crowd base are jerks because one of your fans called my wife a c--t? Or am I not supposed to go to a game at SDSU because of that one incident?

I have supported your school not to patronize but to encourage. And I have done it out of respect. Don't tell me other than that.

Comment

This may of been said but I didn't read all of the post....

But with womens basketball there are few great jobs that pay the coach well and fund the school well... The point I'm getting at is there is very few jobs that are better then SDSU. Compared to the mens side where there are many jobs better then SDSU's....

Comment

Regarding the behavior at USD, I have been there and seen less than exemplary behavior. So, am I now supposed to say your entire crowd base are jerks because one of your fans called my wife a c--t? Or am I not supposed to go to a game at SDSU because of that one incident?
                  Yoteforever makes a good point, one that we all need to keep in mind.

Comment

Bootom line is we did not know what we were getting when AJ took over for Neiber, who had done a nice job. And if AJ decides to leave we will not know what we are getting with a new coach either. Everyone is replaceable and we need to just be happy where we are at today! 19-2 and Oakland coming to town.

Comment

This thread has become a perfect example of how it's impossible to gauge a person's intent/tone of voice, ect...et al.....and so on and so forth...via internet message board.

It's almost funny, really, all I could do was read, shake my head and laugh.

I've also already decided I'll never go to a USD vs. SDSU athletic competition, whether it be in basketball, football, or swimming.....cripes it's already annoying to have to hear the pointless drivel being spewed back and forth, whether it be here or the argus, or in person via mouthhole.

Speaking of pointless drivel....*rant off*
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I meant to put a post (I think on another thread) where yoteforever was posting, and getting heck from somebody about his "change of heart". I exchanged some PMs with YFE and he acknowledged that he thought he had been too critical or rash in earlier posts and he had decided he needed to moderate his comments and be more positive. I'm not saying we have to say "welcome" but I do believe his comments are sincerely meant to be more positive on the whole.

Comment

I would say "keep ponying up", if you know what I mean. I don't think AJ feels under appreciated and thats a HUGE part of job/life satisfaction.
                          I believe there is already a booster fund of some sorts to suppliment AJ's salary. I may be wrong there. If anyone is intersted, I'm sure Mike Burgers could answer any questions you have about adding to or starting something like that.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I would say "keep ponying up", if you know what I mean. I don't think AJ feels under appreciated and thats a HUGE part of job/life satisfaction.
                            Speaking of "keep ponying up" I think we need to take a lesson from our friends up north. NDSU's annual fund drive (Team Makers - same as SDSU's Jackrabbit Club) raised $2.1 million last year. Compared to our Jackrabbit Club generating just over $400,000. That is embarrasing to say the least.

Please visit our Jackrabbit Club page here if you are intested in donating to SDSU's annual fund.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Speaking of "keep ponying up" I think we need to take a lesson from our friends up north. NDSU's annual fund drive (Team Makers - same as SDSU's Jackrabbit Club) raised $2.1 million last year. Compared to our Jackrabbit Club generating just over $400,000. That is embarrasing to say the least.

Please visit our Jackrabbit Club page here if you are intested in donating to SDSU's annual fund.
                              We are in the process of trying to evolve the Yankton Jackrabbit Club into more of a financial booster to the Jackrabbit Club. If we can grow the membership enough we should be able to start an endowment with the annual "donation" from club members. Now, while I think we can approach $10,000/yr if we are aggressive the only way we'll ever get the money like Team Makers is with a corporate group taking the reigns. Maybe guys like Dana Dykhouse, Rusty Antonen, or VJ Smith would like to volunteer some time? Not like they don't already give plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

theres a tad bit more people in fargo than in brookings sd.

Comment

Working...
                                X