Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warkenthien Player of the Week

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Too lazy to register . . . anyone want to summarize?
    Register. It's a pretty well written article.

And I'm a guy who usually ends up kicking himself and thinking, "I registered for THAT?"

Comment

LOL - About what inner strength Jenn has. Loss of her mom in first grade, her very supportive dad (two? years ago) death. Support of family, fiancee, and future finish beyond basketball. Her inner strength and resiliency abounds. Good quotes from AJ also.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Excellent article in the PO. Are Tyler Merriam (WBB announcer) and Roger Merriam (Watertown PO writer) related?
        I think Roger is Tyler's uncle.

Correction: Roger, Rod and Tyler are cousins.
        Last edited by JimmyJack; 02-02-2009, 05:56 PM.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Definately worth registering for.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Here's a picture so you can see the well-deserved, above-the-fold attention Jenn received in the Public Opinion:

Last edited by JackJD; 01-30-2009, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Executive summary: Small town girl, in spite of daunting adversity, prevails.

(Register...it's worth it!)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Executive summary: Small town girl, in spite of daunting adversity, prevails.

(Register...it's worth it!)
                Well written for sure. Definitely worth the free registration.

Does Steve Lowery/Family still own the PO?

Enjoyed a GREAT day on Kampeska with Steve Lowery 20 years ago (in my Corps of Engineers days)

Comment

Lowrie family sold the PO to a Kenosha, WI - based family-owned media company, United Communications Corp., about eight or 10 years ago. The current owners have been good to the PO.

Comment

I knew Jenn's mother passed away when she was young but I didn't know about her father passing away too. Just makes you appreciate everything Jenn has done even more. Once again, a class act and well deserve award.
                    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      I think Roger is Tyler's uncle.
                      Close JJ, they are cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden View Post
                        Close JJ, they are cousins.
                        There was a Merriam from Watertown that played amatuer baseball for Castlewood about 5 years ago. I think it might have been Roger, but I'm not sure. Heckuva ballplayer considering he was one of the older guys on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
                          There was a Merriam from Watertown that played amatuer baseball for Castlewood about 5 years ago. I think it might have been Roger, but I'm not sure. Heckuva ballplayer considering he was one of the older guys on the field.
                          Not encouraging thread drift but that would have been Roger, great guy, good athlete, good for Watertown and Northeast SD. Rod Merriam is the best athlete from that family, baseball, basketball, etc..

I found this link to our board, couldn't find the article itself. Roger was on board with the move to DI from the beginning.

http://sdsufans.com/board/archive/index.php/t-2300.html

Thursday, February 5, 2004

Sports fan thinks SDSU made the right move

By Roger Merriam, Sports Editor

Wednesday was the national signing day for college football recruits and much of the discussion for in-state recruits has centered around the effect that South Dakota State University's planned move to Division I athletics (Division I-AA in football) had on the Jackrabbits' bid to land some of the state's best players.

There has been much criticism about SDSU's move. The Jackrabbit programs will have to undergo a probationary period - four years for most sports and currently 13 for men's and women's basketball - before SDSU will be allowed to compete for national championships in Division I athletics.

There's no doubt that the switch has caused a change in direction, for both SDSU's recruiting plans and for potential in-state recruits who chose other colleges over SDSU because they wanted their college experience to include a chance to compete for a national title.

Count me as one who is in favor of SDSU's move...........
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well if Jenn backs up her 29 pts/10+ rebounds vs Oakland, with another + 15 pts vs IPFW, could we see week #3 as POTW?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              Well if Jenn backs up her 29 pts/10+ rebounds vs Oakland, with another + 15 pts vs IPFW, could we see week #3 as POTW?
                              What a night again for Jenn!!!
                              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Could be a three-peat!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X