IUPUI "Lambs to slaughter" Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUPUI "Lambs to slaughter" Game Thread

Schut was interviewed player. Again excited, but very team oriented.

AJ - Happy about Ketty's re-breakout night, very pleased with success of team. Protected Rotert because of lack of practice time. Liked how Jill handled first start, and her smooth, unruffled response to situation

Comment

Wow is all I'm gonna say about the Jacks play. Well done ladies.

As for #50 for IUPUI, she played a ton of minutes. I was so surprised with the amount of time she spent on the floor. I was also surprised that it took until late in the second half to get a foul called on her. She was a very physical player down low (a lot of elbows and pushes). Thought the call to a technical instead of an intentional foul was correct.

Once again, nice win for the Jacks. I think we were all expecting a butt-kicking after the last game and I think they dealt it.
      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
        I would love to see Ketty go on a Tear and get her "groove" back so to speak...
        Get off her ass until you can beat her in a 1 on 1

Comment

Well, this game should provide a basis for pollsters to keep the Jacks in the AP top 25.

Comment

Just got back from the games.

The women made it look pretty easy against a team that probably is not a bad team.

We're real good.

Comment

Made my first return trip to Frost this basketball season. Seeing friends + seeing the Jacks destroy IUPUI = Priceless.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                Made my first return trip to Frost this basketball season. Seeing friends + seeing the Jacks destroy IUPUI = Priceless.
                Youall come back now!!!!!!!!! you hear

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  I think she's redshirting.
                  She is redshirting. She did not play her senior year (recuperating from knee surgeries), and so had not played for more than a year when joining the Jacks. Plus we would have had two tall freshman sitting near the end of the bench, so I think it was a good call to move her to next year. Talked to AJ about how she is doing, and he said great. Also said that if they had not redshirted her, she probably would have been able to provide some help this year once she got enough time under her belt in game situations.

So next year, we will have 6-2 Jennie Sunaborg as a sophomore, and 6-3 freshmen Cala Westergard and 6-3 Katie Lingle...as AJ noted, we've never had that kind of size before on the team. (And of course, there is 6-1 Liea Dietal as a freshman as well!) Got to stop this, cause I'm drooling all over my sweatshirt.
                  Last edited by Jacks#1Fan; 01-12-2009, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Can we win the rest of the games by 40 points also,lot's less stressful

Comment

There's a team out there that I would like to see the Jacks beat by at least forty, and that team would be Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        There's a team out there that I would like to see the Jacks beat by at least forty, and that team would be Oakland.
                        Weather permitting, I'll be at that game. It should be exceptionally well attended too. Heck, we got to the game yesterday, and there was a line from the ticket booth all the way back to the Frost doors. If the students would've been in, it would've been a total mad house.

The men have, IMO, an outstanding shot to ride the crowd to victory against Oakland, and the gals--------well, they're going to make a statement. When the only grudge match you've ever lost is against Marquette..........

Comment

weather tomorrow sounds iffy

Comment

I can't let this game discussion end without pointing out that IUPUI's large, 6-5 center, Julia Whitted, cheap-shotted Jennie Sunnarborg in the back with a forearm shimmy late in the game. It was bush league. Whitted deserved more attention than a foul. Remember Whitted, Jacks fans, when she returns to Frost next year. She'll be easy to spot. She'll be the last player up and down the court in nearly every transition.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              I can't let this game discussion end without pointing out that IUPUI's large, 6-5 center, Julia Whitted, cheap-shotted Jennie Sunnarborg in the back with a forearm shimmy late in the game. It was bush league. Whitted deserved more attention than a foul. Remember Whitted, Jacks fans, when she returns to Frost next year. She'll be easy to spot. She'll be the last player up and down the court in nearly every transition.
                              She did receive more attention than a foul...they T'd her up.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                She did receive more attention than a foul...they T'd her up.
                                Why did the officials change the call. They call an intentional foul immediately and then after discussion changed it to a technical foul. I can see the technical if she was taunting or if she said something, but I felt the first call was correct. She most definately shoved Jen.

Comment

Working...
                                X