IUPUI "Lambs to slaughter" Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUPUI "Lambs to slaughter" Game Thread

Frankly, I think the officials let her get away with a LOT of stuff. She basically got to camp in the lane every trip down the court.

They probably let Wark & Sunnarborg get away with a bit more contact than usual too, though.

The gal I went to the game with thought #34 was the dirty player on the Jags team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
      Why did the officials change the call. They call an intentional foul immediately and then after discussion changed it to a technical foul. I can see the technical if she was taunting or if she said something, but I felt the first call was correct. She most definately shoved Jen.
      I'm not an expert of basketball rules by any means but I'm guessing it had something to with the fact the foul occured after a basket while we were trying to inbound the ball. Or simply because the foul occurred away from the ball. Intentional fouls in my mind occur during the course of regular play against the player who has the ball. Again, this is just a guess and someone with more basketball knowledge than me could give a better answer.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        I'm not an expert of basketball rules by any means but I'm guessing it had something to with the fact the foul occured after a basket while we were trying to inbound the ball. Or simply because the foul occurred away from the ball. Intentional fouls in my mind occur during the course of regular play against the player who has the ball. Again, this is just a guess and someone with more basketball knowledge than me could give a better answer.
        I would agree with this assessment. Anyway I would think a technical is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          Why did the officials change the call. They call an intentional foul immediately and then after discussion changed it to a technical foul. I can see the technical if she was taunting or if she said something, but I felt the first call was correct. She most definately shoved Jen.
          The call was changed because an intentional has to occur during live play. She threw the elbow on a "Dead Ball' so it became a "T". Frankly, I am suprised it took as long as it did considering the way she was using them all night, as well as bull dogging her way in and out of the lane.

Comment

The foul was a frustration foul. The refs made the right call to change it to a technical because if she didn't something like that again, she would be out of the game. It was a good box out by the Jacks and they had been doing it all night when shots were put up. Text book basketball and she wasn't used to seeing it.

I also agree that the refs let her get away with too much. She probably didn't even think she would be called for that one. A friend of mine and I were commenting the entire game that she was elbowing our post players and pretty much shoving them to where she wanted them. She should have had at least 2 fouls if not 3 in the first half but she didn't have one.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
              She should have had at least 2 fouls if not 3 in the first half but she didn't have one.
              Pity she wasn't called as tightly as Kai was in the 2nd game.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                Pity she wasn't called as tightly as Kai was in the 2nd game.
                No doubt about that. Can't remember if it was the first or the second but the visitor goes up for the shot and puts it under the backboard. Kai is called for a foul. I don't know what the ref saw on that one but I didn't see it (pretty sure that was the second foul). With that, Kai goes to the bench for the rest of the first half. Like I said before, they way he started shooting, I really thought Kai was going to light it up and then he is forced to the bench by the ref. Came back out in the second half and got some really nice rebounds and was the second leading scorer.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                X