This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPUI Game thread

The weekend of the Lamb Bonzana is here. IUPUI comes to town. And so does 6'5", 250 pound troll Julia Whitted (as pictured here) lovely isn't she.

Megan Vogel returns to Frost Arena to watch the game, and the Jacks should roll. The Jags are 7-7 on the year and 2-1 in conference. K.Ro is suffering the affects of a concussion and might not be 100%. We'll see, but it should be a good game.

Re: IUPUI Game thread

well we are no number 2 on the mid major top ten rankings
    http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...e%3dncwexperts

rotert does have a mild concussion. idk if she'd play saturday prolly not. v-johnson possibly a stress fracture. muck a sprained ankle. AJ is maybe being a little too intense in practice after the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
      The weekend of the Lamb Bonzana is here. IUPUI comes to town. And so does 6'5", 250 pound troll Julia Whitted (as pictured here) lovely isn't she.

Megan Vogel returns to Frost Arena to watch the game, and the Jacks should roll. The Jags are 7-7 on the year and 2-1 in conference. K.Ro is suffering the affects of a concussion and might not be 100%. We'll see, but it should be a good game.
      Hey, do you think that comment was necessary? Real Mature!

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
        Hey, do you think that comment was necessary? Real Mature!
        Wait...We can pick on football players of opposing team, hell we started thread for most of the teams we played. But we can pick on other athletes of different sports? Sounds like there are some serious double standards going on here.

Comment

Wait...We can pick on football players of opposing team, hell we started thread for most of the teams we played. But we can pick on other athletes of different sports? Sounds like there are some serious double standards going on here.
          Maybe it's time to grow up????
          Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Comment

In two games against the Jacks last year Julia Whithead sp, had a total of 11 points. One at IUPUI and ten at Frost. She also fouled out at Frost. Run her get her tired, run at her and get some blocking fouls.

Comment

I hope rebounding is being emphisized for improvement this wk in practice, when we win the rebounding battle , the extra shots at the basket helps us win the game.
                Hope not too many players get banged up in practice, or we'll go from strong bench status to short bench status.( also, hate to see anyone get hurt too, i should mention)
                Hopefully we'll shoot a high fg % & all the rest of the statistics won't be so critical.
                Lotta hope,'n, should sound more certain I guess.
                I'd really like to see a domineering (sp) performance to let the rest of the league know were back & for them not to expect an easy game when they play us.( maybe instill (sp) a little fear in them as well)

Comment

I honestly believe the Jacks are fine. The Oakland loss was a loss against a good team, not a great team, but a good team... The ladies and AJ will work it out in practice this week and come back stronger than ever.

A loss teaches you too.. they can be just as important in a season as every win, maybe more so in a lot of situations.

I would not want to have to face the Jacks, Period, end sentence. They have the capability of beating any team on any given day... and I would say dominating most...

Is it Saturday yet?
                  Last edited by leeshajo; 01-09-2009, 12:37 PM. Reason: posted without finishing sentence.

Comment

bluehatman, I think there is an opportunity to learn here. You post things, attempting to come off as a person of knowledge, a credible source. Then you turn around and resort to middle school antics.

Just stop before you send your posts and say to yourself, "Is this the right thing to say or do?"

Comment

Good rule of thumb in all things college athletics (and lower, for that matter. Pros, a different thing).

These are 18, 19, 20-year old athletes, doing their best. Sometimes better than others. Most importantly, each and every one is someone's daughter or son.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        bluehatman, I think there is an opportunity to learn here. You post things, attempting to come off as a person of knowledge, a credible source. Then you turn around and resort to middle school antics.

Just stop before you send your posts and say to yourself, "Is this the right thing to say or do?"
                        In defense of bluehatman, I think there is a double standard at work here. Every week during football season there were threads making light of the appearance of opposing players. Bluehatmans post is really no different.

That being said, I thought the football posts were inappropriate as was this one.

Comment

I absolutely agree with HoboD's post. I think we need to act like civilized human beings and type in stuff acting as if our mother's and father's were looking over our shoulders.

Comment

The difference is that you are supposedly a journalist - are you still writing for the Brookings Register ? What would the reaction be here if Terry V or Tyler M. came on here and made a post like you did about the IUPUI player ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              The difference is that you are supposedly a journalist - are you still writing for the Brookings Register ? What would the reaction be here if Terry V or Tyler M. came on here and made a post like you did about the IUPUI player ?
                              I totaly agree show some maturity or you will never be respected by the people your supposed to be covering as a Journalist.

Comment

Working...
                              X