UNI Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNI Game Thread

i thought it was a good win,& a chance to work on the inside game a bit, the more you have in your arsenal the better, would like to see how they can handle the big girls down low, i guess they out maneuver(sp) them& slip by them ,can't get to many games to see.our players are quick & agile & i think pretty athletic, especially jenn& maria, as well as the other team members also.we also have a lot of thieves on the team(in basketball, being a thief is a good thing, & a widely celebrated event)this team is basically the whole package, that's why we can beat teams that shoot better, if they shoot a higher percetage ,we make up the diff causing turnovers , rebounding, or stealing the ball.we get more shots.it's easy to win when everything you throw up goes in the hoop.this team wins when they shoot good or they do not , they have a lot of character& support each other very well.enough said.
    Last edited by shinman; 12-30-2008, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I would like to see our defensive intensity crank up. We let UNI, a pretty bad team, score 69 points and I think that is too many.

I'm sure AJ will be cranking things up on the defensive side of the ball as we go through the conference season. Defense never lets you down and the cliche is very true, it wins championships.
      Last night AJ brushed off the defensive performance--and (IMO) rightfully so.

He attributed it to the layoff, and said that the defensive system they play is fairly complicated, and that players benefit from routine play/practice.

The Jacks defense, when they're all clicking, is a thing of beauty. They make it look easy, and for that to happen, you know they put a lot of work into it. I can totally believe that a week of downtime affects their ability to play.

Comment

Translated from the original Shinman:

Originally posted by shinman View Post
        I thought it was a good win and a chance to work on the inside game a bit--the more you have in your arsenal the better. I would like to see how they can handle the big girls down low, I guess they out maneuver(sp) them and slip by them. I can't get to many games to see. Our players are quick & agile & I think pretty athletic, especially jenn & maria, as well as the other team members also.

We also have a lot of thieves on the team (in basketball, being a thief is a good thing & a widely celebrated event.) This team is basically the whole package, that's why we can beat teams that shoot better, if they shoot a higher percentage we make up the diff causing turnovers, rebounding, or stealing the ball. We get more shots. It's easy to win when everything you throw up goes in the hoop. This team wins when they shoot good or they do not. They have a lot of character and support each other very well. Enough said.
        Sorry, man, had to do it!

Are you by chance entering from a mobile device?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Translated from the original Shinman:

Sorry, man, had to do it!
          Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Thank you!
            And AMEN! I skipped the post because I couldn't handle trying to read it. Thanks Filbert.

Comment

Working...
            X