2008-2009 Tournament Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008-2009 Tournament Seed

The teams are not reseeded after each round. If the #1 regional seed were defeated by the number 16 seed in the first round,the 16 seed would then play the winner of the #8 versus #9 seed game from the first round not the number 2 seed.

Comment

it would be very, very rare for a # 1 seed in a region to lose in the first round, that'd be like ucf beating conn or something, not impossible ,but very improbable

Comment

The point of my post was not that a 16 would beat a 1 but how the seeding and brackets work.

You are right, I doubt that a 1 has ever been beaten by a 16. the upset that occurs with some regularity at least on the men's side is number 13 over number 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
          The point of my post was not that a 16 would beat a 1 but how the seeding and brackets work.

You are right, I doubt that a 1 has ever been beaten by a 16. the upset that occurs with some regularity at least on the men's side is number 13 over number 4.
          In MBB the answer is no. In WBB, #16 Harvard beat #1 Stanford 71-67 in 1998.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Let's not get greedy.

I'll settle for being in the tournament.

Besides, if we're in at #16, all that means is a chance to upset a #1! Wouldn't THAT be cool?

I agree. Lets get in the tournament first. Lots of season left starting with UNI on Monday. I hope the players and coaching staff are not talking about the same thing. Some very difficult road games in the next week or so before returning home. I think AJ and staff will keep the girls focused on the next game and not the NCAA tournament.

GBGBGJ

Comment

We have ratings of 21 and 25 for an avg of 23. It roughly translates to a 6 or 7 seven seed.

#1 - Rank 1-4
              #2 - Rank 5-8
              #3 - Rank 9-12
              #4 - Rank 13-16
              #5 - Rank 17-20
              #6 - Rank 21-24
              #7 - Rank 25-28
              #8 - Rank 29-32

and so on and so forth. Now that is not how it comes out, but for this early in the season, it is a good guide for the rated teams and early projections.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Off thread comment. Started going through Jacks decompression on Christmas Day and had to watch the replay of the Jacks - ORU game just to get a fix. Can't wait till monday for the game.

Comment

Working...
                X