• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #22 in the nation!!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

Courtesy of Jacked_Rabbit.

I fixed the link.
    Last edited by jackmd; 12-16-2008, 02:34 PM. Reason: Credited wrong poster.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: #22 in the nation!!

Link did not work. Either way its a great day to be a jackrabbit. What a great accomplishment to these hard working women. Lets run the table and hope to keep moving up the ladder.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This should fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Link did not work. Either way its a great day to be a jackrabbit. What a great accomplishment to these hard working women. Lets run the table and hope to keep moving up the ladder.
        Proper link:

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Try this:

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Just hope we don't loose a confrence game now. Teams will be working twice as hard to be the team that beats the ranked confrence leader now.

The next few games will be crucial to win to prove we belong. They have earned it, now lets keep it.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The UNI game scares me. It will be after Christmas and having a week off. I hope we do not come out flat. That is a team we should roll over.

Comment

Unless I missed something, Jacks are the highest ranked team that is not a member of a major conference (BCS). And we are the only team not from an FBS conference that is ranked. TCU is the only other team not from a BCS conference that is ranked and they are below the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                  The UNI game scares me. It will be after Christmas and having a week off. I hope we do not come out flat. That is a team we should roll over.
                  22jack: How appropriate is your screen name!!!
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                    All the games from here on out should scare people. The target is now painted squarely on the backs of the Jackrabbits. They will get EVERYBODY's best shot. One hot night from one opponent could end the magic--at least temporarily. And the thing about conference games is that what we do won't surprise anybody--they've seen it before.

The only change I prescribe for Jackrabbit Nation is for another couple of thousand people per night coming out to Frost Arena to support this historic team of ours, and those of you, cheer for those who can't! I won't be able to make it back up to Brookings until the NDSU weekend, so y'all will need to pick up my slack.

Rah Rah Rabbits!
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      22jack: How appropriate is your screen name!!!
                      Sweet, I never thought of that.

Comment

#22 in the nation lady Jacks! Congratulations are certainly in order and its well deserved. Will we have that target on our back? Absolutely, it comes with the territory. I also think it will intimidate some other teams both at home and on the road. If you did not see it on another thread the Lady Jacks also have the second best home court winning percentage in the nation dating back to 2002 I believe? We will indeed get everyones best effort but I don't think that will bother these ladies. They are as focused a group you will ever see. Not only on the court but in the class room. I am told they had three major goals going into this season.

1. Win the Summit League conference.

2. Qualify for the NCAA tournament.

3. AS A TEAM goal to reach a 3.70 GPA. I am also told that prior
                        to finals this week the team has a 3.67 GPA. Good luck this
                        week both on the court and in the class room.

UC Davis and Valpo -- your next! Welcome to Frost Arena, home of the #22 ranked Lady Jacks.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Congratulations to your womens basketball team. That is quite an honor.

And yes, I am serious.

Comment

It is...indeed...an historic moment!!! In fact, I'm speechless (or is it writeless). I hate to admit it, but a year ago, I thought we would never make the top 25...because I believed the programs in that heady atmosphere were just too far up the ladder. This year's schedule and our play proved the ladder isn't as long as I thought it was!!! Final thought: it is just a poll, and the team has to prove we belong up there. Final final thought: the VIEW from up on this rung of the ladder is AMAZING! Way to go JACKS!!!

Comment

Consider this:

SDSU has a #22 ranking with players that were not heavily recruited by any established D-1 program.

Comment

Working...
                              X