#22 in the nation!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #22 in the nation!!

Any way of counting the hits on gojacks.com to see how many we get from people looking at that poll and saying "Who in the heck is South Dakota State?" and then looking at gojacks and saying "Wow"

Comment

I'll take some credit for this. I saw AJ in Cubby's yesterday and asked if he had voted for the Jackrabbits in the coaches poll. He said he hadn't voted yet, so I suggested he take a look at the Jackrabbits and that they're pretty good. He said he would. I think I convinced him.

You're welcome, Jackrabbit fans.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just wait for the conference tournament. They'll be around #15 at the time playing in front of a sold out Arena---and everyone will be going for them---Talk about a Home Court Advantage

Comment

Great job ladies, being ranked 22nd in the nation is quite an accomplishment, its a great day to be a Jackrabbit. Stanford is taking on Duke on ESPN right now, I'm going to watch the half time show to see if they run down the top 25 and mention the Jacks.

Comment

The best part about being ranked is that when you watch the sports channels and they run the Game Tracker of the Top#25 Teams in action and we are there everytime!

Free Advertising!

Great Job Jacks!

Comment

SDSU fans wishing to Represent to the nation . . .

the Rebkell board is one of the premier women's basketball boards I've found:

Some of you with lots and lots of time on your hands (or just that much into SDSU women's basketball) might want to sign up . . .

Right now we got some props on a thread from a UConn fan for making the ESPN/USA Today Top 25 . . . as a Lady Vol fan by marriage, I've been forced to sign up just to . . . well, you know . . .

(Maybe you don't. UConn/Lady Vols is pretty much the highest level of rivalry in women's basketball. It doesn't get bigger than that. I'll leave it at that (well, and the hope that SDSU migh just crash the Huskies/Lady Vols' party some day very soon) . . .

FEAR THE RABBIT!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

There are, as of tonight by my count, six Division I teams with 10 wins or more.

SDSU is one of those six.

North Carolina
                Auburn
                Florida
                Baylor
                Wisconsin
                SDSU.

Those are some pretty good names to be up among, yes?

SDSU is 1-0 against that group.

Just a thought to warm your heart a bit more, on this cold December night . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  There are, as of tonight by my count, six Division I teams with 10 wins or more.

SDSU is one of those six.

North Carolina
                  Auburn
                  Florida
                  Baylor
                  Wisconsin
                  SDSU.

Those are some pretty good names to be up among, yes?

SDSU is 1-0 against that group.

Just a thought to warm your heart a bit more, on this cold December night . . .
                  I'm not sure what is warming my heart, reading your post, or the swig of Seagram's I just took. Probably a little bit of both. I'll read it one more time and then take another swig and see what happens.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Hard work and depth are paying off for this talented team. Excellent work, Jacks. Very excellent.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Congrats to the Jackrabbits and the accomplishment of cracking the Coach's poll. Just another thing to check off an already impressive list. What is next on the list? Here is my checklist:

1: Make the Top 25 AP LIst
                      2: Undefeated Conference Season
                      3: Second Consecutive Regular Season Championship
                      4: First Summit Tournament Championship
                      5: Make first "Big Dance"
                      6: Advance to 2nd Round of NCAA Tournament

From that point on all bets are off!!! Here is to hoping for a great end to 2008 and another strong 2009. If that happens we can look forward to another first...our first Preseason ranking!

Go Jacks!
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        . . . as a Lady Vol fan by marriage,

FEAR THE RABBIT!
                        So how are things in your household now that the streak is over?

Has to be somewhat disappointing, however, looking back at 211 must be satisfying.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          So how are things in your household now that the streak is over?

Has to be somewhat disappointing, however, looking back at 211 must be satisfying.
                          Well, we're both sitting on the love seat, Jacks game on the 'puter, Duke-UNC Asheville on the TV. She muttered something about "lots of championships" and "Summitt will win her 1,000th game as a coach this year" if that gives you any indication.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

At least she didn't take it out on you.

Still, 211 in the top 10. Wow! I wonder what the streak is for top 20 (since way back they didn't go down to 25 for you youngsters reading this)? Gotta believe that have that one also.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Arizona State got beat last night by Texas moving them to 7-3. That should move us up to 21 if we take care of Valpo.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
                                Arizona State got beat last night by Texas moving them to 7-3. That should move us up to 21 if we take care of Valpo.
                                Lots of people will get beat by Texas this year . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X