Gonzaga Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonzaga Game Thread

Starts at 6PM PST, or 8 CST (9PM for us right coast members).

Here's the start of the Gonzaga fans "game thread" Is this the front end of a home/home with Gonzaga? Two solid favorites to dominate their leagues, should be a GREAT match-up.

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview....ad.php?t=16160

Much better respect from the Zags than Gopher fans.

IF we can nail down Gophs at Williams, IMHO, Jacks will win another in Spokane.

Re: Gonzaga Game Thread

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

Here's the start of the Gonzaga fans "game thread" Is this the front end of a home/home with Gonzaga? Two solid favorites to dominate their leagues, should be a GREAT match-up.

Now we just need to educate them that there's no such thing as "Lady Jacks." They're the Jackrabbits, gosh darn it.

And we wear yellow and blue, not blue and gold.

You young whippersnappers get the hell off of my lawn! Grumble mumble mutter, mutter . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Whew! You had me thinking it was Friday already . . . the game is Friday night, not Thursday night.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post

Just thought I would let you know the link on GU's website for the espn article didn't work.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
          Just thought I would let you know the link on GU's website for the espn article didn't work.
          Thanx Bub, removed dead link

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...14/1002/sports

Terry's SUPER piece about Gonzaga, and how it's a good model for D-I success.

From the article:

Today: SDSU women (9-1) vs. Gonzaga (8-2), 8 p.m.

About the game: Just three days removed from a win over No. 25-ranked Minnesota, the Jackrabbits face another difficult road task against the Zags - both teams are in the top 35 of basically every NCAA Division I women's ranking system in the country.

Although averaging 75 points per game, Gonzaga poses more problems on the defensive end, utilizing a variety of disruptive schemes that are especially hard to prepare for in a short time frame. The Bulldogs, although not the tallest or most athletic team in the nation, are plus-5 per game in turnover margin and plus-6 on the glass.

Meanwhile, Gonzaga coach Kelly Graves is calling SDSU the best team on his schedule so far - and the Bulldogs have played the likes of Marquette, Utah and Virginia.

But there is MUCH MORE in the article.

Thanks Terry! (I read your confession that you're a reader here )

BTW - If we mis-step our use of your articles, please contact one of the mods and we'll fix.

Comment

If the Jacks can finish the sweep of games this week it will be nothing short of impressive. Two top-tier teams in the span of 3 days on the road. I guess they will really have earned that Top 25 spot when it happens.

Any word on what type of crowds Gonzaga's women usually draw? I wonder how many Jack fans will be there.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Tyler was just talking to Brad on the Sports show about how practice was pretty ugly yesterday, perhaps jet-lag?, to the point where AJ basically told them to get their heads on straight or friday night will be ugly.

Hopefully the girls can straighten things out today, and perform well tonight.

The game is definitely winnable.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Hopefully it will be one of those crappy practice/great game situations.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

i don't believe any parents made the trip. but i believe the former SDSU volleyball players now at Washington sTate will be attending the game. also i'm sure some alumni have to live in the washington state area. attendace guestimate for tonite, 2500

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      Tyler was just talking to Brad on the Sports show about how practice was pretty ugly yesterday, perhaps jet-lag?, to the point where AJ basically told them to get their heads on straight or friday night will be ugly.

Hopefully the girls can straighten things out today, and perform well tonight.

The game is definitely winnable.
                      That is the one that that can hurt this team. The haven't really had a true "break" since the season started. And this week has to be draining. Not to mention losing 2 hours in the trip. At least they made the journey early so they can work out some of that lag.

Hopefully their legs aren't gone yet and they have one more big game. Once they get into conference it will be alot easier and allow them to rest up for the big dance.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

keep the game updates coming
                        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          Not to mention losing 2 hours in the trip.
                          Actually traveling west you gain two hours on the trip. You lose two hours when traveling back home.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                            Actually traveling west you gain two hours on the trip. You lose two hours when traveling back home.
                            Glad that the game starts as early as 6 PM PST, as that is 8 PM according to their internal clocks ticking on Brookings time. 8-10:30 PM is a fairly standard fair for an evening game.

Comment

Anybody have info on a video feed?
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X